Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Best tranny oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Default Best tranny oil

i want to get smoother shifts and i don't want it to feel like my stick sticks while i shift like from 1st to 2nd i have to put some muscle in it since it feels like something is in the middle not letting me throw it down right.....what is the BEST transmission oil that has had the best results and will i get better results than how it is right now with stock oil?...and should i even do this

Old 02-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Default RE: Best tranny oil

does trans oil have anytging to do with the smoothness of the stick shift motion? Does the MTX use cable or rigid mechanical link? Or is it electronic? I don't have MTX, so......
________
Redhead Cam

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

He has an MTX 3i.The shifter/trans isoperatedby two cables.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:26 PM

i dont know much about manaul transmission or at all in that matter so what diff does it make if its mechanical or cable

Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Both types are mechanical, as they are both types of mechanical actuators (i.e. rod/hard linkage or cable linkage.) If the trans were controlled via an electronic circuit andthere were no physical motion involved, then it would be something other than a mechanical action. (i.e. electronic)

Mechanics (Greek Μηχανική) is the branch of physics concerned with the behaviour of physical bodies when subjected to forces or displacements, and the subsequent effect of the bodies on their environment.
The discipline has its roots in several ancient civilizations: ancient Greece, where Aristotle studied the way bodies behaved when they were thrown through the air (e.g. a stone); ancient China, with figures such as Zhang Heng, Shen Kuo, and Su Song; and ancient India, with thinkers such as Kanada, Aryabhata, and Brahmagupta. During the Middle Ages, significant contributions to mechanics were made by Muslim scientists, such as Muhammad ibn Musa, Alhacen, Avicenna, Avempace, al-Baghdadi, and al-Khazini. During the early modern period, scientists such as Galileo, Kepler, and especially Newton, laid the foundation for what is now known as Classical mechanics.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:52 AM

now I know more about "mechanics" thanks to Virg ;-), going back to shift feel, could it be that the 1st gear cable has some slack?
________
xNAUGHTYNAOMIx

Old 02-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wineye

now I know more about "mechanics" thanks to Virg ;-), going back to shift feel, could it be that the 1st gear cable has some slack?
Ooooo! You give me hard time, yes?? I was trying to help educateour younger and less learned member here, y'know.I would hope that as an engineeryou spent many years (in college) defining mechanics... and still are.

As far as theactuated cable shifter is concerned, one cable is for forward/back motion, the other for up/down (i.e.the gate selector,) so there really is no 1st/2nd gear cable of it's own. Understand?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: wineye

Ooooo! You give me hard time, yes?? I was trying to help educateour younger and less learned member here, y'know.I would hope that as an engineeryou spent many years (in college) defining mechanics... and still are.

As far as theactuated cable shifter is concerned, one cable is for forward/back motion, the other for up/down (i.e.the gate selector,) so there really is no 1st/2nd gear cable of it's own. Understand?
I really didn;t know the Geeaks, Chinese, Indians, etc had contributed to Mechanics before Newton. Need to blame my high school teachers.........soo what could be the "sticky" feel if it was not the cable? I am scratching my head.....

________
The Cliff Condos

Old 02-28-2008, 09:37 PM

nice info virgin; had me thinking. from a scale to 1-10 what would you rate redline at? I want the BEST transmission oil for it maybe i will get smoother shifts and the little clunkyness will go away....i don't know if clunkyness is a word but the hell with it you guys know what i mean