Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

When is usually the best month of the year to get the best price on a Mazda 6?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Default When is usually the best month of the year to get the best price on a Mazda 6?

Hi all,

I haven't actually purchased a Mazda yet but I have my heart set on a Mazda 6 Grand Touring fully loaded with features/technology. I want to purchase this year and it is only a matter of time. I am in no hurry to buy and want to wait until the best month/time to get the best deal as I am still saving to give the best down payment. This leads me to my questions;

1. When usually is the best month to buy a new Mazda 6 at the best price of the year?
2. What month do the new model years start coming in?
3. Would I get a better deal waiting for that month to buy a new, previous year model?
4. What is the best incentive you have seen for a Mazda 6?

I actually went to the Mazda dealership a few days ago (end of the month of the year - 30 December 2014). I had read that waiting until the end of the year gave a person the best chance of scoring a great deal/lowest price of the year. However, while the salesman and his supervisor tried to work with me to a degree, they told me that Mazda "does not really offer incentives because they try to keep their resale value up".

5. Does Mazda not really offer incentives/money off on a new Mazda 6 purchase to keep the resale value up?

Thank you for your time in answering my questions.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:50 PM

They generally start manufacturing the next years model on the 6th month. Mazda has a 0% financing deal on right now. You could buy a demo ( 6000 miles or so on it ) or buy a 2013-2014 left over in inventory at a big discount. Dealers can transfer cars from any other dealer if they do not have what you want. Mazda always has incentives going though. You can generally search the internet and find a deal on a new car from anywhere, you might pay $600.00 extra to truck it to you though.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by hixx
They generally start manufacturing the next years model on the 6th month. Mazda has a 0% financing deal on right now. You could buy a demo ( 6000 miles or so on it ) or buy a 2013-2014 left over in inventory at a big discount. Dealers can transfer cars from any other dealer if they do not have what you want. Mazda always has incentives going though. You can generally search the internet and find a deal on a new car from anywhere, you might pay $600.00 extra to truck it to you though.
Hi Hixx,

One of my friends wrote that she had read that the new Mazda models for the next year start arriving sometime in August (not the end of the year like most people think all car manufacturers do). So it would make sense if they started building the next year models in June like you said. Hyundai starts getting their new models in around July. Dodge is right around November and I think Ford and Chevy start getting theirs in around December. I heard that the best time to buy is when the new model years start coming in and buying the previous model year (but still new) because the dealer wants to clear out the lot with older/not brand new inventory. However, this may not be correct advice.

I am not interested in the APR offers, just getting the lowest out the door price I can with the features and things I want. I'm not into buying a demo though. Especially with that many miles. Well, not unless they basically gave it away. I don't mind a previous year model if it is still considered new (I am the original owner).

When you say Mazda always has incentives going on could you please clarify? I have seen some incentives for the CX-5 and some other models but none (other then APR offers) for the Mazda 6.

Last edited by GlowingPiston; 01-09-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:55 PM

Yea, that was the incentive i was talking about. Incentives are generally based on their need to sell more cars. The economy plays a big role in that and overproduction of some models. So there is no real date that they offer any given incentives. I would think around tax time when more people can come up with a good down payment would be the best time for incentives if they wish to sell higher volumes and take advantage of that short window.