Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

AFS Off

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:01 AM
Default AFS Off

So I have been having this problem with my 2010 Mazda 3. Where from time to time I will notice the AFS light is blinking indicating the AFS is off but I never turned it off. Then if I come out the next morning the battery is dead. Sometimes the lights will stay on even if I turn my car off if the AFS off light is blinking. They will even sometimes stay on when I turn my lights to the off position and turn my car off. Other times they will randomly come on when my car has been parked for hours. And I am assuming that is what killed my battery because my headlights were not on when I left my car last night. I do not not know why else the battery would be dead, nothing else was left on. There is a temporary fix for the problem, where if I reset the codes on my car it will go away but then come back sometime later, maybe a few weeks or many months just depends. It’s been happening every once and a while over the course of several years, and I’m ready to finally find out the problem behind it. I need to be able to rely on my car to not die every time it sits somewhere for a few hours because of this problem. Thanks for any help!