Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2012 Mazda3 stereo

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Default 2012 Mazda3 stereo

Hi all! I am a new memeber so I hope I am not duplicating threads. I tried the search function and didn't find a thread about 2012 stereos so here is one. I was wondering who here has upgraded / changed the stereo in their 2012 Mazda3? I am thinking about doing this and was hoping to get opinions / experiences / feedback on what people have done. I'm not looking for anything crazy...Prob a new head unit, and I have a couple of 12's and a small amp that would go into it. I might replace the front door speakers also. The main thing is I would rather not have a giant hole in the center of the console from a kit if I switch to a regular sized (thinner) deck that what is stock size in the 3. Also I like the higher up screen and the hidden aux port that came with the car. I am guessing the screen would just be permanently off if I switch head unit? OR would I still get the clock? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by ounit666
Hi all! I am a new memeber so I hope I am not duplicating threads. I tried the search function and didn't find a thread about 2012 stereos so here is one. I was wondering who here has upgraded / changed the stereo in their 2012 Mazda3? I am thinking about doing this and was hoping to get opinions / experiences / feedback on what people have done. I'm not looking for anything crazy...Prob a new head unit, and I have a couple of 12's and a small amp that would go into it. I might replace the front door speakers also. The main thing is I would rather not have a giant hole in the center of the console from a kit if I switch to a regular sized (thinner) deck that what is stock size in the 3. Also I like the higher up screen and the hidden aux port that came with the car. I am guessing the screen would just be permanently off if I switch head unit? OR would I still get the clock? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
I wish I had an option to get the USB port and keep the stock radio. Mine just has the crappy AUX port. Not happy with that. Dealer says they can't install it in mine. My dealer parts dept acts like they can't install anything that didn't come with mine. I don't get it at all.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:24 AM

I'm looking for a Sirius Satellite receiver for my 2012 Mazda3 so if you do change out your radio let me know if yours has the Sirius Satllite and I will buy it from you. This is a dealer only item and you know what that means $$$.
Thanks