Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2010 Mazdaspeed3/MPS Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by sstlaure
I agree that it's tough to judge the overall appearance by pictures. Overall I think it's a cool design, just in the pics the front fascia opening seems overly large. It's definitely aggressive. I still love the styling of the current 3, but I also understand the need to change the design to keep things fresh and to keep sales up.

I am an old beleiver in the saying, "If it ain't broken, why fix it?"
Prime example of this is the Dodge Dakota pickup.
The style started in 1997 carried over too 2004, with fantastic sales during that time.
Some stupid jerky designer felt it was time to restyle the truck so, in 2005 it took on a whole new look.
Sales dropped drastically, and this is the last year for Dakota production.
So, changing style, even just a little in many cases will spell doom for the vehicle.
I don't think the "pregnant" look of this new 3 will go over well at all.
Bob.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Evolution is one thing, but I have to agree with Bob. Too much radical change all at once here.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM

I thought id share my experience with the new 3 with you guys. I went to my dealership today to take a look at it and my anger, frustration, and confusion was completely justified. The body lines and design were more or less moronic with the non-function mouth since the radiator is engulfed in heat soaking plastic and the rear-end made me think some1 put a mazda symbol on the back of a camry/lancer. Interior as far as upholstery its nice but nothin special, nice but no wow factor, the instrument cluster is the most disappointing design, basically its like they said wuts the most way to extend the plastic and not do anything but add a 3in gps that u cant see w/o and magnifying glass. Trunk space is same except the cover for the jax is moved up a lil and its now in painful plastic. Body strength is same included with the numerous paint flaws as in previous models. Under the hood expect to see a cluster **** of plumbing and wires overall the position is the same so if u want the power w/o the ugly u can get a replacement motor and nothin needs 2 be custom made. Car def has some *** behind it but yea its a 2.5 so it better, handeling is pretty much the same but still has the sluggish response that hopefully a tb ground can help with that a lil. Btw this was top of the line 3 with all options with a sticker price of 25k. Two thumbs down

Old 03-08-2009, 01:19 AM

are they only doing test drives as of right now or are they already starting to sell these?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

I know they are selling the NA versions as I have seen new owners of them. I'm not sure about the Speed, but my guess in these economic times would be, if they have a buyer... SOLD!!!

So Tracker, what you are saying is that there is no redeming qualities in the 2010 models, in your eyes? Don't hold back now. Tell us what you REALLY think.
Personally, and perhaps because I own one, I still think the '04-'06's are the best looking, if not a little mild.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:45 AM

I know that there are 2 at a dealer 63 miles from me, but I am not going to drive there to look at them

Old 03-08-2009, 12:17 PM

I am a huge fan of FORD lately. I think they are the only American car manufacturer going in the right direction. Look at the fusion, Taurus new focus. All good looking sexy cars. I think FORD was dumb to get rid of its Mazda share but they are moving int he right direction. Also all the new car rankings are equal to if not greater than all their foreign counterparts. You watch in a few years FORD will be ahead of the gave. It was the Taurus that got them out of trouble before and it will do the same again...

That being said I am not a fan of the new 3. I wasn't a fan of this at first which is why I bought a 2005 6, but it grew of me and I traded it for the 3 I own now.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 PM

Sorry, I think I may have been slightly off topic but I had to get my 2 cents in there!

Old 03-08-2009, 02:49 PM

again ford had nothin to do with the build with our 3's, btw had to sell there share back to mazda because they were losing money due to poor sales (go figure). anyway yea it was the n/a i drove the sedan but they also had 5-door which my eyes started to bleed upon sight. i was kind enough to sell my salesperson in private that i hope they get enough ppl dumb enough to get buy these, which he sighed and said me 2. the part that made me laugh was when i pulled in with my 3 a customer who saw my car said his salesperson "man that looks better than the ones out here....i might go 2 a used car dealership and get one". i told my salesperson to give me a call when the speeds come in but i said to make sure to cover the whole car except the windshields i dont want to make eye contact with it except the motor.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:53 PM

I like the tail lights and thats its...I know ford has nothing to do with mazda in that regard, I was just stating that about FORD because I dont think they are nearly as bad now as everyone makes them out to be. The American car companies did stick it to the public for to long and they need to regain the respect of people but I believe FORD is farther ahead then the others...

Quick Reply: 2010 Mazdaspeed3/MPS Revealed