Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.
View Poll Results: Best option to do?
Get the car diagnosed by dealer
0%
Find someone with the same problem and discuss
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

07 Mazda 3 s Sport HB

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 07:34 AM
Default 07 Mazda 3 s Sport HB

Hi guys! Any Mazda mechanics here or anyone who is familiar with the car? My car has been misfiring to the point where it feels like it’s gonna die in a cold start. I would always have to warm the car up first before use because it wouldn’t move until it’s warm enough. That’s probably a transmission issue that’ll I’ll fix after I figure out why the car is misfiring. I’ve already replaced the coil & spark plugs, still misfiring. Are there any more possibilities I should look into?

Old 02-23-2021, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by kennclarkm
Hi guys! Any Mazda mechanics here or anyone who is familiar with the car? My car has been misfiring to the point where it feels like it’s gonna die in a cold start. I would always have to warm the car up first before use because it wouldn’t move until it’s warm enough. That’s probably a transmission issue that’ll I’ll fix after I figure out why the car is misfiring. I’ve already replaced the coil & spark plugs, still misfiring. Are there any more possibilities I should look into?
TCM it's a transmission Control unit.. maby
I did a lot of searching around, dealers are getting up to $680 for a new one.
I'm in an auto related business and even the jobber price was $560.
I've seen them new for as low as $499 online.
However, there's rebuilder in GA that sells them for $199, so this is what I went with UpFix.com

Instructions included in the box show a diagram recommending that you wire-tie it to the brake lines so it no longer absorbs heat from the transmission. The heat is what kills them. They also include a small flat-rate box and address label for the core return.
Shipping was super fast too.
Hope that helpful

Old 02-23-2021, 09:12 AM

Thank you for replying, so you’re saying the misfiring is caused by the TCM being faulty?

Originally Posted by Mike4393
TCM it's a transmission Control unit.. maby
I did a lot of searching around, dealers are getting up to $680 for a new one.
I'm in an auto related business and even the jobber price was $560.
I've seen them new for as low as $499 online.
However, there's rebuilder in GA that sells them for $199, so this is what I went with UpFix.com

Instructions included in the box show a diagram recommending that you wire-tie it to the brake lines so it no longer absorbs heat from the transmission. The heat is what kills them. They also include a small flat-rate box and address label for the core return.
Shipping was super fast too.
https://youtu.be/y_OXCUi2CKQ
Hope that helpful