Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

0 - 60 time question/opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Default RE: 0 - 60 time question/opinion

sounds like you might have had it pretty close to being accurate, as you had done it 4 different with different people using different stopwatches. i would take my car out to a track and find out, i dont know about where you live, but in AZ there is a place called Firebird Raceway, friday nights you can pay $17 and drag your car as many times as you can, and they track your times. I have yet to do it though, it is a ways away from my house

Old 03-14-2006, 12:55 PM

just wondering...are these engines made to be revved out to red line? I owned a Jetta VR6 before this and I beat the **** out of it (revving it up pretty high)....needless to say it died eventually (its a VW - enough said). I have been real wierd about the break in period of my new Mazda...i didnt take it far over 4k rpm before 10k miles - and i never rev it over 3 grand till the car is warmed up. I guess my question is, how much can these engines take? are they indestructable like honda engines?

Old 03-14-2006, 01:12 PM

I'll have to borrow my friend's G-tech pro to see how my 3i measures up.....

Old 03-14-2006, 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: michael91077

sounds like you might have had it pretty close to being accurate, as you had done it 4 different with different people using different stopwatches. i would take my car out to a track and find out, i dont know about where you live, but in AZ there is a place called Firebird Raceway, friday nights you can pay $17 and drag your car as many times as you can, and they track your times. I have yet to do it though, it is a ways away from my house
Unfortunatly the closest track to me is in Cecil County, why do i say its unfortunate its because Cecil County is full of rich, preppy, white racist, so i kind of stay away from Cecil County, but as if that werent bad enough its $27 to drag all day and $10 to be a spectator...god Maryland sucks.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:11 AM

well the Mazda engines seem to be quite strong and durable. The only thing that has been suspect to problems with Mazda is the Transmission. Transmission problems are the only problems i ever hear of with Mazda from people on here. But there are not more problems with a Mazda tranny then any other manufacturer.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: mazda guy
well the Mazda engines seem to be quite strong and durable.
I hope you are right!

But being a former domestic owner/modifier/racer I am a huge skeptic of this 5w20 oil that they put in our engines. I would actually be afraid to push this engine too hard for a long period of time. Given the lower viscosity oil and the longer suggested oil change interval, I see alot of people having issues with the bearings in these engines.

It just seems to me that they have lowered the viscosity rating on the oil and lengthened the oil change interval just enough to ensure that the engines last for the length of the warranty. I won't be driving mine very hard, but that's because I'm all grown up and this is just my daily driver

I would suggest looking in to switching oil or shortening your oil change intervals if you are going to drive hard. I really have no evidence to support this, it is just my gut feeling based on my many years of hard driving experience.

In my eyes this is just the "long life transmission fluid" and "long life coolant" thing all over again. We all know that dealerships have plenty of rads/water pumps and transmissions on hand and ready to bolt into your car

Old 03-31-2006, 01:20 PM

looks like this post has been abandoned for a little while. I took a video of me going from 0-60mph, but I cant post it here, anyone know where i can host a short video?

Old 03-31-2006, 01:31 PM

i think you can post it on yahoo, and just provide the link

Old 03-31-2006, 04:29 PM

i dont have a Yahoo account, I have an MSN space but i cant post it there

Old 03-31-2006, 06:04 PM

you could put it up on street fire. or, if people really want it bad enough, just have them PM you for it.

Quick Reply: 0 - 60 time question/opinion