Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Won't turn off then won't start, HELP

Old 06-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Default Won't turn off then won't start, HELP

Hi Everyone,

I have a Mazda 2 from 2008, and I have been struggling with it for a long time now.

It might be some kind of dieseling problem if that's possible with this model, but I'm not sure because I can only guess.

So the battery is fine, please don't say it's a battery issue because it's not and also the CPU or computer have been recently replaced because the people in the garage were 99% sure that would fix it, it costs me 2K euros and mine fell into the 1%, because it didn't fix it.

So the problem is that the car sometime, now it's more often than before, won't turn off after the key was turned to turn the car off. It takes 30 second or maximum a minute for the engine to finally stop, and yes after the key was turned the engine sound is not the same - that's why I mentioned the dieseling - but even if it's dieseling I still wouldn't know what needs to be replaced to fix it. And I lost confidence in the guys from the garage.

Just to let you know there's nothing else stays on, like no radio or any light.

To stop the car I started to turn the key back on like if I would start the car and off again and finally that makes it stop, I'm concerned to let it run and wait for it to stop because I don't know what kind of damage that would cause on top of what is already there, otherwise it would work fine.

So the second part of this problem is that this creates some kind of failed log in the computer and now the car won't start at all. There's no sound when I turn the key, it doesn't even trying, just silence. The battery as I mentioned is fine, also there's this yellow cog looking circle with an explanation mark in it light on on the dashboard. I know it could make break issues maybe, but wasn't really able to find the meaning of it.

My resolution to start the car is pushing it, which is horrible for my back. I was told that you can by a ELM327 OBD2 Scanner to be able to delete the failed log from the computer.

I'm really looking for a solution rather than fix for the symptom.

It doesn't always the case, sometimes after it won't turn off, it will turn on, but I feel like that's up to my luck.

Any idea? Even to just which part of the car could cause this? Is it in the fuelling system?

Thank you

Last edited by Hajnal; 06-04-2019 at 09:24 AM.