Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Torque Curve for each gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 06:33 AM
Banned
Post Torque Curve for each gear

Does anyone has the Torque Curves for each gear?
-->Mazda 2 (1.3 L 84hp 2009)

I have found this: https://www.automobile-catalog.com/c...ependence.html
But I want something more detailed.
Thanks

Old 03-15-2023, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by nikolas126
Does anyone has the Torque Curves for each gear?
-->Mazda 2 (1.3 L 84hp 2009)

I have found this: https://www.automobile-catalog.com/c...ependence.html
But I want something more detailed.
Thanks

Old 03-18-2023, 01:53 PM

I'm not an expert on these things, but I'm not sure how the torque curve depends on what gear you're in; it's just a characteristic of the engine. Isn't it?

Old 03-18-2023, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by matth1j
I'm not an expert on these things, but I'm not sure how the torque curve depends on what gear you're in; it's just a characteristic of the engine. Isn't it?
Yes, good eye!!!! I think I know what he is looking for he just worded it incorrectly!
It is not normally not really important unless you are either Drag racing or long track Road racing. And if it is for anything else can't say as I can see what you would need it for ?

Besides the reason I deleted my first response is because I didn't notice how old the thread was and the extent of the OP use of this forum after this thread. So basically we are likely never going to know what he wanted it for? LOL
OH and it you noticed he was BANNED from this forum for attempting to remove historical content without permission from the moderator and or Administrator .

Last edited by Callisto; 03-18-2023 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2023, 02:25 PM

I guess you might look at one to get some idea of how 'easy' it's going to be to drive. For example you'd expect the graph from a turbo engine (and diesels even more so) to climb to a peak relatively early, meaning you don't have to rev its nuts off to get the best out of it. Unlike us Mazda owners with normally aspirated engines, where the torque comes in higher up the rev range.

Old 03-18-2023, 02:28 PM

I guess you might look at one to get some idea of how 'easy' it's going to be to drive. For example you'd expect the graph from a turbo engine (and diesels even more so) to climb to a peak relatively early, meaning you don't have to rev its nuts off to get the best out of it. Unlike us Mazda owners with normally aspirated engines, where the torque comes in higher up the rev range.
Not sure where you are getting your MAZDA DYNO information but it is not a universal conclusion of accuracy.

Old 03-18-2023, 02:47 PM

Sorry, don't quite follow. Just saying that compare the torque curve of the average turbo petrol with a non-turbo petrol and the former will peak sooner and probably be flatter. That's what turbos do

Old 03-18-2023, 03:52 PM

Sorry, don't quite follow. Just saying that compare the torque curve of the average turbo petrol with a non-turbo petrol and the former will peak sooner and probably be flatter. That's what turbos do
That is my point you cant
Most of those Dyno are not empirical data to use as a guide for your type of comparison.

Lok at your DYNO result when you got your personal Mazda tested how would you compare that to other Mazda's that were independently tested by owners? First are there same Dyno's used and what about the Dyno setting prior the test. Are they the same as yours. Then the engines condition? So many things to compare before you can make a statement like your first in this thread!