Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Help Identifying this plug, 121/Demio

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Default Help Identifying this plug, 121/Demio

Hi,

I own a UK Mazda Demio, which has been called all kinds of different names, the Mazda 121, the Ford Festiva etc.

For some reason on UK models, the infrequently used switches and digital clock were stupidly mounted high up the dash, while the radio was mounted low on the dash, which was an absolute pain in the backside to get used too. In Europe and Australia it's the other way round. So I went ahead and with some painful hand contortionism moved the switches downstairs, and the head unit upstairs.

The problem is, I was able to make the cables for the switches move, but the digital clock is part of a different and much bigger loom (i think it's the same loom that runs to the cluster) and therefore, even if I cut it out the loom, I'm pretty sure it simply isn't long enough. I really really really don't want to chop it, and solder in some extensions, but at this point I'm running out of ideas.

What I need is a male and female of this plug, so I can make an extension loom, but just what the heck is this plug? I've never seen anything like it before? I thought it was like a 4pin motherboard connector, it's not. I thought it might have been one of those 4pin motorbike connectors, but eBay photos seem to suggest otherwise and searching Mazda 4pin plug reveals nothing. Hopefully you guys have the answer

Here's the work anyway and the plug in question.

Before modification, switches and clock up the top.

The connector in question:

Second:

The female connector on the clock:

Kenwood DAB+ Head Unit installed. I'm using a Kinetic aerial amp/splitter so no need to have silly external aerials. Quality so far has been outstanding.

Thanks again

Last edited by Stoke; 09-14-2017 at 04:39 AM.