Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Open back hatch of a 2008 Mazda tribute.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 07:47 PM
Default Open back hatch of a 2008 Mazda tribute.

Have a 2008 Mazda tribute and the key fob no longer works or the ability to unlock all the doors from the inside. How can I get the back hatch open?

I’ve searched the Internet and I have not found anything easy such as in My Honda pilot has a little whole where you can manually flip a lever.

Thank you for your help!

Old 05-25-2021, 02:47 PM
Default Restart your computer

I had a similar issue and after painfully going through and checking every doors, Sensor and actuator to find they all worked, I reset the Cars computer on Tribute 04 and boom it worked easy as. Do check the issues I have mentioned and also check to see if they'll work while in reverse especially if you have a reverse camera installed that is not factory standard. Simple as disconnect your battery. While at it as I had the time and so will you I cleaned the fuses, relays and door controls just to be sure no build up was an issue and hour later I put it all back together in the reverse direction and started the car and Bingo everything was back to normal.
I did notice water in my inside fuse box. If you happen to know where that is coming from be great.