Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Oil leak and no charging

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by alexito
Another update:
This morning the engine did not start
It cranks but there is no even intention to burn the gas. The battery was dead so I used jump starter. After few attempts something blown under manifolds and blue smoke has come out.
Yesterday I removed manifold and injectors line because I wanted to replace the hose that "causes" rough idle. The hose that I have bought from rockauto was wrong so I left everything as is on that side.
Could I accidentally move out the timing? or something else?
Any suggestions will be appreciated!!!
Tomorrow morning I'm going to search for a repair shop near by...

Thank you
Oh no - do you mean electrical smoke from under the inlet manifold or oil smoke from under an exhaust manifold?

as you have had the inlet manifold off I would remove it again and see if any wiring got caught/damaged??

Old 05-12-2019, 10:32 PM

It looked and smelled mostly like oil smoke, but could have been something else... There was no any wiring passing behind manifolds, I checked it carefully before to get it back.
I have all wiring/connectors rechecked this evening, looks OK.
I will try to read ECU errors tomorrow and see what it says.
Just reminded, I turned the crank with a ratchet today and at some point I felt an enormous resistance, like something blocks hard the crank. so I turned it a little bit back (means counter clock wise and really a bit) and then it moved until it gets blocked next time. And it felt like there is no compression in cylinders...

Old 05-12-2019, 10:35 PM

You should feel resistance every 120deg as you turn it, compression will feel quite springy, if you feel hard resistance then it maybe something else. Did you take any pictures as you changed the timing cover?

Old 05-12-2019, 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=simonsi;174789]You should feel resistance every 120deg as you turn it, compression will feel quite springy,

I know, but now it's not really springy now.

I did not take any pictures as nothing has changed except new cover.