Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Dome light - 2008 Tribute

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Default Dome light - 2008 Tribute

Trying to troubleshoot this interior dome light on my '08 Mazda Tribute. The assembly in the ceiling is 3 bulbs. 2 are map lights and the additional is considered the door light I suppose. The 2 map lights have individual switches for on/off. The door light has on/door/off.

The only way the lights will function (all three) is when any door opens, or the switch on the dash is turned on, illuminating all three. Shut doors, they go off. Turn dash switch, they go off.

But, when they are all off, when I hit the map light switches, they don't turn on. When I attempt to turn on door light (not by opening door) using switch in the assembly, it doesn't turn on.

When the dash switch is on and all bulbs are on, pressing either map light switch will turn the respective map lights off. Likewise, sliding the door switch in the ceiling will turn its respective light off.

I have checked and replaced fuse for interior lights, it is good to go. I got 3 wires in ceiling. One tests hot when the doors or dash switch is on (which explains why those functions work). Trying to solve the issue with the other 2 wires. Neither one of them have juice? There should be a hot wire going up there right??

I got 2 wires into a plug, gray w/violet stripe and yellow w/green stripe. Gray w/violet is the one functioning. The other one has no juice. I have a gray that plugs into a separate spade in the assembly.

Anyone got a wiring diagram to this specific year tribute?