Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

911: 05 tribute has no power and loses all power after 3000rpm

Old 08-24-2015, 09:37 PM
Default 911: 05 tribute has no power and loses all power after 3000rpm

Seems like everythings been going wrong with my tribute these days. Had the exhaust manifold replaced yesterday, intake manifold replaced do to crack and got the new one from a used tribute, new clutch and a few others I cant think of at the moment. The new problem is the huge loss of power. Such a lack in power it makes it hard to start from a stop and even harder to keep speed going up small hills. Seems to lose even more power at around 3000rpm and gets worse from there. Makes no difference in power from half throttle to full throttle, even seems slower at full throttle. And from 3000+ rpm there is what sounds like plastic bouncing around. Not sure what it is. Was told by a friend its the runner in the intake manifold but not sure. Also after researching it looks like it could also be the IMRA but again not sure. Already put so much money in this car and could really use the help. Any questions of details I may know but havent wrote here let me know. Also does the 05-07 focus intake manifold fit our 2.3l as well? and if so will the aftermarket intake manifold for the 05-07 focus fit it? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Default Pressure Differential Doo hicky

One of the weak points on this engine is the EGR Pressure Differential Sensor. If you look on the internet, you will find ways to test the unit. What it requires is a "live feed" OBDII unit to pin it down. Most auto parts places have one that they will lend you or at least rent you. Otherwise you are going to drop about $100 for a diagnostic test. You will need to do some online research to know what to look for and why it is important. If you cannot afford to park the vehicle, then be aware. A simple check engine light could lead to expensive repairs if you ignore it. Do not throw parts at the problem! Bad mistake. If your vehicle is throwing codes on you, stop it by parking it until you can get a diagnostic test. The name of the game! If you want to come out the winner, then drop it down a notch or two.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:49 PM

I forgot to say that there is no check engine light on and no engine codes have been thrown. Thats the strange part.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:19 PM

Your vehicle needs to be hooked up to a bidirectional scanner for live (running) data by a qualified mechanic. It may not throw a code, but something will show up. Go ahead and spend the money to get it analyzed. It will save you a ton in the long run. A static OBDII scanner will not tell you what you need to know. One hint, look for vacuum leaks first. Those vacuum hoses rot and go soft. Again, caution, do not throw parts at the problem.