Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda losing Revs at 3000RPM

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 03:55 AM
Default Mazda losing Revs at 3000RPM

Hi

Please Help as I am at a loss. I have had an issue the last 2 weeks now where all of a sudden when I hit 3000 RPM I lose power. If I cluth and drop to 1000 RPM the power kicks back in again as far as 3000RPM. This will get worse the longer I drive it and start to cut out at 2000 RPM. I have to keep a stedy rev between 1000-2000 RPM most times so I drive in a high gear. I have had a few local garages hook up to computers and one picked up the below fault code.

P2401 Evap Emmission system leak detection ring control unit.

The guy in the garage said to me that normally that refers to the EGR being faulty so I had my own mechanic clean it out and it was sooted bad. Still no good. He then shut off the EGR and tested and still same. I have been doing a bit of reading on it and seen a few saying about the MAF so I disconneted that and tested and still same problem.

Any help anyone can give is much appreciated. I have it booked in with Mazda for diags next Wenesday at a cost of £55 first hour. I dont have much choice in this and was wondering if anyone can point me to issue or for me to try anything before I send it up.

Update

Had car at Mazda yesterday and they put it on computer and tested it. All it is reporting is the EVAP leak code which the guy said is pretty common and doesnt think it is that issue. He can see from computer results that its not detecting
the accelerator being pushed to the board and only shows 80%. He advised the EGR valve is faulty and needs replaced but I have it blocked anyway now to test and running fine. If EGR is blocked off and issue is still happening then I think I can cancel that out.

Basically I am no further forward, I paid them £55 to tell me what i already knew. I now need start trial and error to see what resolves it. I may replace the pedal just to see if it does resolve. Anyone any other suggestions I am more than happy to try.

Its a Mazda 5 2.0 Diesel sport 2006.

Thanks

Old 06-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Banned

Clogged DPF filter?
Catalytic converter?
EGR gets faulty from crap coming back in the exhaust. Crap from exhaust clogs catalytics and DPF.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:58 PM

Generally, Evaporative Emissions codes refer to the system designed to deal with fuel evaporation in the gas tank. I'm not familiar with this system on diesel cars, but on a gasoline engine, this could mean a loose or broken fuel filler cap, the charcoal canister or lines being clogged, or the solenoid(s?) that vent it into the intake being faulty/stuck/not being signalled. EGR problems have their own set of codes, since its a completely different system.

Ask your mechanic how the fuel tank and evaporative emissions tie into the EGR system before getting any more work done

Old 02-16-2020, 10:36 PM
Default Mazda 5 losing power at 3000 revs I think dpf removed

[QUOThiE=smileycfc;153367]Hi

Please Help as I am at a loss. I have had an issue the last 2 weeks now where all of a sudden when I hit 3000 RPM I lose power. If I cluth and drop to 1000 RPM the power kicks back in again as far as 3000RPM. This will get worse the longer I drive it and start to cut out at 2000 RPM. I have to keep a stedy rev between 1000-2000 RPM most times so I drive in a high gear. I have had a few local garages hook up to computers and one picked up the below fault code.

P2401 Evap Emmission system leak detection ring control unit.

The guy in the garage said to me that normally that refers to the EGR being faulty so I had my own mechanic clean it out and it was sooted bad. Still no good. He then shut off the EGR and tested and still same. I have been doing a bit of reading on it and seen a few saying about the MAF so I disconneted that and tested and still same problem.

Any help anyone can give is much appreciated. I have it booked in with Mazda for diags next Wenesday at a cost of £55 first hour. I dont have much choice in this and was wondering if anyone can point me to issue or for me to try anything before I send it up.

Update

Had car at Mazda yesterday and they put it on computer and tested it. All it is reporting is the EVAP leak code which the guy said is pretty common and doesnt think it is that issue. He can see from computer results that its not detecting
the accelerator being pushed to the board and only shows 80%. He advised the EGR valve is faulty and needs replaced but I have it blocked anyway now to test and running fine. If EGR is blocked off and issue is still happening then I think I can cancel that out.

Basically I am no further forward, I paid them £55 to tell me what i already knew. I now need start trial and error to see what resolves it. I may replace the pedal just to see if it does resolve. Anyone any other suggestions I am more than happy to try.

Its a Mazda 5 2.0 Diesel sport 2006.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Old 02-16-2020, 10:40 PM

I have the same problem
the garage replaced the pedals for the accelerator
it made no difference
I also am at a dead end with this car please help