Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

RX8-2004-Imobiliser issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Default RX8-2004-Imobiliser issue

Hi there,
This got me puzzled, and maybe there is someone out there with some good advice.
By the way this is my son's RX8 and he is quite a lot oversea's. We had a good run with it but when he left last time we parked it in the garage. I must have flooded it a month later, did not attend straight away. These days I wanted to solve this issue and went through the starting procedure when flooded - remove fuel pump fuse etc etc..
PS. did also charge battery (removed it for that)
While going through the deflooding procedure I connected a booster battery to the car - positive first negative on chassis.
No problem there, but without me noticing first, car cranked over when turning the ignition key, but realised that I seem to have lost dashboard lights, wipers don't function, remote key lock does not function anymore, power window and power lock do not function and above all the imobiliser light goes from blinking when inserting the ignition key to solid and stays solid.
Bottom line - car cranks over when turning ignition key - without fireing/starting, but all the above items seem to have no power and the imobiliser light stays solid when turning ignition key.
Is there anybody with some sound advice, my guess at the moment is a blown fuse, but which one?

Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Check all the big ones. You might of blown the main 80amp? fuse.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:51 AM

Thanks, all fuses are good. Got local help, bypassed imobiliser now dash, windows, door lock, wiper work - remote lock still does not work but this is because of bypassed imobiliser. Car cranks but does not want to start. No sign of wanting to start. Next thing before the pull starting someone suggested is, will change batteries in remote and reconnect imobilser and see how that goes. Has anybody got an other good idea!!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM

The battery should not matter in the key, it should be a RFID that doesnt need batteries. It almost sounds like you need to have the dealer re-pair the key(s) to the car if there is no way for you to do it yourself (that would be stupid IMO if you could).

Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Default Faulty imobiliser

Well all done. Got my local auto electrician to have a look and it turned out to be a faulty imobiliser, why I do not know but he took it out and after push starting the car it is all good. My initial fear was flooding, but it turns out that the faulty imobiliser is cutting the fuel to the engine and hence it never would have started with the faulty imobilser. Cost me US$ 300.- so have to be happy.