Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

learning to drive stick?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 01:58 AM
EZE
Default learning to drive stick?

I just wanted to know if the RX-8 is a good car for someone who has never drove a stick shift and is it easy to learn?[sm=gears.gif]

Old 01-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Default RE: learning to drive stick?

well first it depends on how heavy you are with your foot. If you tend to let off the clutch really fast, then your chances off cruising off really fast are pretty darn good. the RX-8 has quite a bit of power and if you let that slip and unleash itself, you could end up getting into a real doozy. you may burn up your clutch if you are just learning as well from riding it too much. I think that if you want to learn how to drive a stick, you should probably find someone who is selling a manual tranny car cheap or even find a friend that has one that will teach you. If you have hills in your area, thats probably the biggest issue when learning how to drive a stick because you roll backwards and if you let off the clutch too fast, you will either stall or chirp your tires. I actually learned how to drive a stick at my old landscaping job, my boss told me to drive the truck up the back woods. He said, if this is your first time, give it a shot and i did. Stalled once and have yet to stall since that time. Guess I was lucky that I've never grinded gears before either.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Default RE: learning to drive stick?

Well my first car was and still is a stick.

Was kind of difficult at first but I love it to much to give it up. (92 323 bty)

I wasn't so lucky as thegraymazda6. I have grinded grears a little, and I have one a couple of occasions pissed some people off my burning a little bit of rubber. hehe but all in all if you can find some roar that is flat and not to many people around ( I did that at night by my apts. No one around at all) then you sould just get some practice in and just keep working at it and just try to get the feel for it.

I have only stalled three times but the last two mad me so embarassed to have it happen again. hehe

Well I hope that helps.

Befor I found the wonderful site, I googled "how to drive a stick/manual" and I found a couple of sites that helped me a lot.

Well hope that helps.