Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

92 PRO electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Default 92 PRO electrical problem

I've got a 92 PRO. my problem is that my tail lights keep blowing the fuse under the dash. also, my clock and radio do not work unless i am pressing the brakes. I have been reading in this forumn that the ROOM fuse may be to blame. I checked this and when i changed the blown fuse, the taillights stay on (as if i were on the brake) and my fromt parklights stay on, also the buzzer is going CONSTANTLY to tell me the lights are on. This is getting a little annoying, and dangerous since in order to have my brakelights, i have to give up my taillights working. tomorrow i will check the bulbs for the taillights, but i don't know if that will help me if i cannot plug in my ROOM fuse without them staying ultra bright.
Has anyone ran into this before??

Old 03-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Default RE: 92 PRO electrical problem

Check ALL your bulbs and make sure the correct one is in the socket. THe wrong bulb will create all kinds of havoc. Let us know.......
Bill

Old 03-08-2006, 11:08 PM

Protege Bill absolutely right. Go ahead and put the fuse is so the tail lights are bright and then pull out the bulbs one by one and see if the problem goes away after pulling one of the bulbs. Not sure what the connection would be for the radio and clock not working unless the brake pedal was depressed though. Not much of a tie-in there outside of circuit to give illumination to both at night thru the "tail" fuse circuit. Was it the 'ROOM' fuse that was blown or the 'TAIL' fuse??

Old 03-11-2006, 01:05 AM

it was the tail fuse and the room fuse, if the room fuse is plugged in now, with a new fuse, the buzzer doesn't stop ringing. EVER

Old 03-15-2006, 10:52 PM

Is that the headlight on reminder buzzer that is now staying on all the time? Also you made note in first post that the clock and radio do not work unless brake pedal is pressed. Sort of confused about what is and is not working. Have an idea. Put both fuses in and if they do not blow try to make a note of anything that does not work, works when it shouldn't, or is just not rightand why. And if a fuse blows when you do perform some operation such as stepping on the brake, etc make a note of that also and post back with what you find out. Is probably something easy being overlooked but without being able to get a look at it, I have to rely on your observations so that I can try to trace it down in the wiring system diagrams.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Tylertime

I've got a 92 PRO. my problem is that my tail lights keep blowing the fuse under the dash. (this is caused by amperage draw-more than the fuse can handle.)
also, my clock and radio do not work unless i am pressing the brakes. (You are feeding your clock via voltage to the brake lights)
I have been reading in this forumn that the ROOM fuse may be to blame. (I would look at wires and connections, not fuses as these are protection devises)
I checked this and when i changed the blown fuse, the taillights stay on (as if i were on the brake) and my fromt parklights stay on, also the buzzer is going CONSTANTLY to tell me the lights are on. (Again, voltage is been fed from somewhere... I bet its related to the fuse blowing)

This is getting a little annoying, and dangerous since in order to have my brakelights, i have to give up my taillights working. tomorrow i will check the bulbs for the taillights, but i don't know if that will help me if i cannot plug in my ROOM fuse without them staying ultra bright.
Has anyone ran into this before??