Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

2003 P5 - ABS Module

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 07:33 PM
Default 2003 P5 - ABS Module

Hi guys/ gals - first post here. My son’s P5 has brake and ABS light on all the time. Local shop says it needs a module as all circuits to wheel sensors check out fine and we can read the speeds on the scanner. Anyone have this issue before?

Another issue is Auto - transmission hard shifting from park to D on initial startup. Then runs fine typically. AT light illuminates all the time. Have had tranny recently serviced with filter change and new gasket.

Old 04-25-2024, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bruisermac
Hi guys/ gals - first post here. My son’s P5 has brake and ABS light on all the time. Local shop says it needs a module as all circuits to wheel sensors check out fine and we can read the speeds on the scanner. Anyone have this issue before?

Another issue is Auto - transmission hard shifting from park to D on initial startup. Then runs fine typically. AT light illuminates all the time. Have had tranny recently serviced with filter change and new gasket.
Welcome to the forum

Year of Mazda
Miles
Last services done and what were they?
When if ever was the transmission serviced?

If the ABS light was on when the shop checked it what were the codes they found. If the light is on there will by codes!

Old 04-25-2024, 11:41 AM

Thankyou!

220kms
2003 hatchback P5

it needs an ABS module - we have diagnosed it already. I’m looking for tips or tricks to install it or any related advice or parts info.

Trans serviced last week - full service fluid and filter. They found no solenoid issues. Just hard shifts a bit when cold out.

Old 04-25-2024, 12:05 PM

Thankyou!

220kms
2003 hatchback P5

it needs an ABS module - we have diagnosed it already. I’m looking for tips or tricks to install it or any related advice or parts info.

Trans serviced last week - full service fluid and filter. They found no solenoid issues. Just hard shifts a bit when cold out.
Ok so what were the codes ? It should hopefully have been on your work order? This matters pertaining to your question.

The service you got for the transmission was not a full service but a simple pan filter and fluid service.
At 136k miles (220kms) the comment about the solenoid's is inaccurate to say the least!

Old 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM

Hi - I’m trying to find relative info regarding the issues mentioned. We were told the trans was serviced. Apparently it wasn’t according to you so now I don’t know anything more that’s relevant. Thanks for your time tho I totally appreciate the replies.

Old 04-25-2024, 02:30 PM

Hi - I’m trying to find relative info regarding the issues mentioned. We were told the trans was serviced. Apparently it wasn’t according to you so now I don’t know anything more that’s relevant. Thanks for your time tho I totally appreciate the replies.
Ok first Iam asking for information to help you. It is not my opinion but exactly what I would ask if you came into my shop! The information you are posting is meaning less without what I asked for.
BTW I have been 35+ years and current ASE Master Automotive Technicians with several other related certifications. I am very sure more than anyone that has worked on your MAZDA !
So maybe another DIY (do-it-yourself) on this forum can help you?

Good luck!

ASE