Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

IFS lift - interest?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Default IFS lift - interest?

If any has randomly read my posts, I've been planning out an IFS lift. I myself am going straight axle because I'm going huge.
If you're going to be running no larger than 35's, this lift would probably be perfect. With a 3" body lift, and the 5" leveling kit (5-6" front, 3" rear) that I'm designing, my truck would fit the 35's nicely.
Here's my only question though. If I go through the trouble to design and manufacture say, 4 lifts, is there interest out there for them? Pricing would be about $500, right off the top of my head. That would include totally custom upper control arms, modified lower control arms, a custom steering setup (lowered "tie bar", longer "tie rod link bars"), 3" block kit (for rear) and differential drop brackets (about 4" drop).
The half shafts would fit like stock, the spindle will be in the same relative location as if the truck were level height. They would have no more than 15 degrees of angle in them, my idea is to have less than 10. The steering would be dropped down about 4" to improve tie rod angles, they would also be lengthened to maintain geometry during flex.

Any ideas, thoughts, etc?
The $500 price is just material, not any fabrication. Of couse, there'd be a core charge for the LCA's. Also, I'll make kits available with and without new ball joints and rod ends. I can get a good price on them so I could still sell them for less than what you'd pay OTD. UCA's would use heim joints and would retain the adjustability of the stock setup, but with beefier bolts. Minor modifications would be required, drilling out the UCA mounting bolts and adjusting the torsion bars. Of course, longer shocks would be required, I guess I could include them if you wanted.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 AM
Default RE: IFS lift - interest?

Is this still available? Did you have any luck with yoru own truck? Pics?

Old 04-19-2007, 03:34 AM
Default RE: IFS lift - interest?

ORIGINAL: mazda2600newbie

Is this still available? Did you have any luck with yoru own truck? Pics?
There's actually an IFS lift already available, I can't find it now though. It's about $1600 and comes with most (if not everything) you need. However, I'm sure I could built a budget system for less than that though. The kit I seen online was has Explorer or something in the name. I'm no longer SAS'ing my truck, so I may start looking into an IFS lift again.
Check back from time to time and I'll keep updates posted.