Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

Miata Digital Dash kit, Any interest in such a thing

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Default Miata Digital Dash kit, Any interest in such a thing

Hey guys I am an Electrical Engineer and I designed a digital dash kit for the Fiero in the past. I was wondering if there would be any serious interest in one for the Miata? The First one I would have available would probably be for the 90-97 Miata.

The digital dash would includedigital readouts for all the existing gauges with an addition of bargraphs for the speedo and Tach. The color of the displays would be mainly red with maybe some green in the bottom end of the bargraphs. It would be microprocessor controlled, It would have warning lights for each gauge, and it would dim at night. It may also have the ability to give you a 0 to 60 time, a settable rev limit light, and anything else I/you can think of. It may also have the ability to add an additional gauge of your choice like: boost, Vacuum, trany temp, air temp, or ???. They would be designed to be as plug and play as possible without cuttingthings up. They would also be accurate and reliable as my existing kit has been for the past 8 years.

This project would take quite a bit of work and time, but if there is enough interest in it I would do it.I just bought a dash froma 90-97 Miata so I can take a look at it to see what is involved.

I have attached a link to my websightso you can see what the other digital gauge kit I designed looks like, so you can get an idea of the look. The price would be around $600.00 [/align][/align]http://www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com

Let me know if you would be seriously interested.
Thanks,
Tom[/align][/align][/align]