Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

check engine light on alll the time

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Default check engine light on alll the time

I have a 94 B2300 2.3L 5 Speed pickup the problem I am having is the check engine light will not go out. I used a voltmeter and LED according to the haynes manual on how to read the codes from the ECM connector. I shorted it out and plugged in the voltmeter then tried the LED with the same results constant power throughout both tests KOEO and KOER anybody out there help me out is my computer fragged? This truck will not start after it is warmed up but will start when cold runs a little rough with the idle bouncing a bit and stummbles a little but once warmed up it runs like a charm unless you stall it or shut it off cause you will never start it again. The feul pressure reg and feul rail seem to be functioning properly.[/align][/align]Help me out please.[/align]

Old 01-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Default RE: check engine light on alll the time

Well it is very important when you buy a used truck to ensure all fuses are in the fuse box according to the haynes manual. If you do not ensure this the check engine light will stay on constantly due to the computer hunting why there is no complete circuit. The fuses missing were RABS, radio, interior light, turn signal/hazard, and door buzzer.[/align][/align]Aftere replacing fuses the check engine light was able to flash and I was able to pickup codes.[/align][/align]Kelly[/align][/align]

Old 01-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Where is the fuse located for the interior lights and the door buzzers? Those items dont work on my truck and my check engine light has been periodically coming on..

Old 03-05-2007, 08:55 PM

under the drivers side dash there is a set of wires thats white and black..play with them or unplug them and the light will go off.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:49 AM

The wires that are under the dash were for the dealership to do emissions testing at regular milage intervals. I think mine came on at 80K miles and it took me forever to find out that as the previous poster said, just switch the connecters under the dash. There is a more detailed set of instructions in the shop manual if you have one. I don't think this would have anything to do with the way the truck is running however, so this may not be your problem.