Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

Need help with mx-3 power windows

Old 01-09-2015, 07:19 AM
Question Need help with mx-3 power windows

Hello everyone, recently the passenger power window of my mx-3 stopped working, I installed a new one, when i tested the power window motor directly to the battery it works fine, but when I connect the switch it does not do anything. when I test for power with my tester, the switch is working fine. it is sending power when I flip the switch to open and when I flip it to close the window, but there is no reaction of the motor, the window does nothing. again i connected the motor directly to a battery and it closed and opened the window.

WHAT AM I MISSING?
BTW the driver switch is missing, and the cables of the passenger window that goes to the driver switch are cut, does that has to do with anything? I just want to open and close my window from the passenger side...

Thanks in advanced

Old 01-09-2015, 11:22 AM

BTW the driver switch is missing, and the cables of the passenger window that goes to the driver switch are cut, does that has to do with anything? I just want to open and close my window from the passenger side...

Yes, this is the problem. The switch in the driver's door is the master switch for the power windows. With that switch you can turn off the power to the other door switches so the little kids can't play with it.

Get a master switch and restore all connections and you will be fine. I bet you can use a master switch from another Mazda model if you can't find an MX-3. Try one from the MX-6 or another 2-door Mazda/ Nissan/ Toyota/ Honda or whatever.