Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

I need mazda cams

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Default I need mazda cams

Where can i get mazda cams and pistons to build up my engine. I put NOS on it without headers and explladed the ari intake tube and filter off the car. so i want to build the engine with out NOS. any idea on mags of internet sites
Thanks

Old 05-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Default RE: I need mazda cams

Sounds like you had a Nitrous backfire (had nothing to do with whether you had headers or not.) had everything to do with the Nitrous not being set up properly (you probably went lean.)

A decent Nitrous controller & a proper tune would probably solve your problems

Old 05-13-2007, 07:50 PM

it is only a 55 shotof wet NOS. I followed the instructions from ZEX. what do you mean by a tune do you mean a tune up. I have stock spark pulgs and i know i need some different plugs but i dont know where or what kind to get (Any Ideas). it is my first time using NOS so what is a controler is that what is used to retard the timing. have you ever heard of porting a throtalbody and do you know anything aout how its done.
Thanks

Old 05-14-2007, 07:17 AM

When you run Nitrous, you need to run a cooler temp range plug (else you will burn a hole in your piston.) You need to learn how to read spark plugs. After you get on it hard, kill the engine and come toa stop, pull the spark plugs. If you are running the right temp plug and your A/F ratio is correct, there should be a light brown tinge to the electrode area of the plug. I'd recommend doing some research on engine tuning (books are your friend....much more reliable than internet info any day...especially when you can destroy your engine with bad advise.)

ONLY a 55 shot of N20? How much power does your car have stock? If you're talking a 130 hp engine stock, an additional 55 hp is quite a bit. You also have to make sure that the Nitrous doesn't come on too soon in the rpm, or else you'll overproduce torque. Here is the formula that relates HP/Torque: (let's use 700 rpm (idle) and 3,000 rpm as examples)

HP=(Torque*rpm)/5252

55 hp=(x*700)/5252 = 412 ft*lbs
55 hp=(x*3,000)/5252 = 96 ft*lbs

You can see if you kick on your Nitrous at 700 rpm, you're slamming your motor with an additional 412 ft*lbs of torque (break city unless you've got something special under the hood), at 3,000 rpm you are kicking in around 96 ft*lbs, still quite a bit, but a reasonable #. A Nitrous controller will make sure that it kicks on only when you want it too, will regulate/ramp-up how quick the Nitrous comes on, and it will also shut the systemdown should something go bad (like fuel pressure, a catastrophic failure on a Nitrous engine....goes lean on the A/F mixture and meltdown...I recommend a separate fuel pump and fuel pressure gauge for Nitrous applications), they can also work with a retard box to change the timing of your engine(here's an example)

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

Nitrous can be tricky......

Old 06-20-2007, 02:09 PM

that sounds a lot like turbo/supercharging.