Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

Cavvy vs. Celica GT vs. Paseo vs. MX-6LS

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Default Cavvy vs. Celica GT vs. Paseo vs. MX-6LS

alright, some guys in my town think they can smoke my MX-6. now the cars that wanna race me is a 2001 Cavvy with the 2.2 four banger with a can and intake, the other is 1997 Cavvy Z24 with just a can, the other is a 1995 Celica GT all stock and the last car is a 1994 Toyota Paseo 1.6 four banger all stock, now i try telling these guys its a waste of gas for us all cus ill smoke all 4 of them. they dont believe me, so someone out there give me some back up and reassurance that ill smoke these fools... dont forget the 1st cavvy is an auto, the rest are five speeds and all are 4 bangers nearly stock....by the way if you're wondering what im packin, i got a '94 MX-6 LS V6 5 spd. with 158,000 miles on it, i traded an Eagle Talon DL for it straight up and this mx6 has no body damage or ne thing, when i got it it was f!cking mint and still is, not even a damp spot on the motor! As it sits today, it is still mint as f!ck, dark green paint, tan leather interior full kenwood audio system that f!ckin pounds! for performance mods i got a BOMZ racing cold air intake, front and rear strut stabalizer bars, tanabe racing custom cat-back 2 1/2 inch exhaust, NGK V-power plugs, Bosch Racing fatter MM plug wires, KL-ZE Intake manifold and fully ported and polished engine, high flo-cat, greddy short shifter, and centerforce stageII clutch with stock fly wheel, low pro v-rated pirelli tires, and ADR custom 7 spoke rims, and Skunk 2 coilover suspension with camber adjustment kit, and i think thats about it, so tell me please who the f!ck do you think will win??? Anyone around the Portsmouth, NH area by the way?

Old 02-28-2006, 11:23 PM
Default RE: Cavvy vs. Celica GT vs. Paseo vs. MX-6LS

the mx-6... although decently slow when completely stock will still perform better than the cavaliers slightly. but with all of the modifications you have, you should have no problem whoopin there asses.

as for the celica, i'm not exactly sure how those cars run. never been in one let alone seen one race. i would think you 2 would possibly be even powered but thats just a guess. in the long run, you will have more power and beat the entire gang. but hey, its not just about the person that has the best car. you have to be a good driver as well... so unless you can back your statement that you could whoop there asses, i wouldn't be talking too much smack.

I've seen people with nice cars get whooped by a ****tier car because they couldn't handle the race... just putting that out there as a thought!

Old 03-01-2006, 03:31 PM

you have a nice set on your mx 6 but can you power shift that **** like its your job and you have to watch that chavy z 24 that 2.4 will get it an how are your buddies in driving there rides? and how far you racing 1/4 mile top speed what cause the chavy will shut off at 107 or 110 mph it been a lil while cant remember paseo he can pound salt with that turd celica could be a contender race them pull your hazzards and shut um down

Old 03-18-2006, 09:55 PM

im near the portsmouth area, but never go down there

Old 03-22-2006, 10:15 PM

2fivestangbtr how does the tanabe exhaust sound? I am looking at getting a Tanabe cat back exhaust for my mazda 6.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:03 PM

the tanabe system sounds awesome dude, it is a little loud, but i have a silencer and it is still pretty throaty but not overly loud, definitley worth the money im very happy with it....nice car by the way

Old 03-27-2006, 03:37 PM

Alright, I am looking at buying one for around $575 bucks from www.sportcompactonly.com ...is that a good price to pay? Anyways I might hold off till I go to college and move away from here cuz this town sucks and cops are strict and I ain't in th mood to pay $1000 fines for exhaust.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:49 PM

ud walk all of them stock the hardest to beat wouldnt be the z24 with the 2.4 but if the 2.2 is a ecotech and if the celica is a gt four all trac, i had a probe gt 94 with some of ur mods high flow cat klze intake manifold intake, def get the pheno spaacers for ur mx6 big dif in thee intake temperature, but i raced a ecotec cavvy auto with a fart can and intake pulled in 2nd alright( did a 2nd gear roll) pulled more in 3rd hit 4 th early and still just kept walkin away, if the celica the all trac turbo he'll get u offf the line but ull catch up as the awd causes more drivetrain power loss than fwd plus after 1st u should walk him too cause the have a laggy turbo without very good top end, the z24 and 2.2 u should walk away from both have to small of a power band neither revs above 6250, just launch revin under vris with a little spinage so it doesnt bog and feather the gas so u hold it at 4 grand when spinnin just below vris but once u grab a little more tracion mat it and when u hit vris just keep a little bit of tire spinnage keep her in first till 7500 7800slam second dont leave first at 7 grand as ull catch second just under vris and when ud shift the auto cavvy would be just in its powerband so u need momentum in first till 60 km/h 65 km/h than catch second, with similar mods on my probe and wider tires with a gs flywheel i couldnt kep traction in vris in first at all just dont over spin but dont bog it off the launch i wouldnt want to c the tach dip beelow 4 grand keep vris right there to be engaged make sure the tires r breakin traction a little throughout first tho, give it ur all wind every gear up and i bet by fourth ud have 5-10 car lengths on all of them, u will destroy all them cing u put more power to the wheels with ur mods than the others maake at the crank.
p.s get the klze cams my buddy had the klde in a probe gt with klze intake manifold and cams and he would pull on me no prob up top, they'll give u way more top end than the intake manifol did., headers open it up a lot too. have fun dont get caught i did and my car was taken crushed and my license is suspended for 6 months, id take it to a commercial area a way from everywhere at night and video tape it so we can see and hear what the exhaust sounds like-not a nicer sound than the k series motor. than u could show the potential of a lightly modded mx6 that would be in the 14's-take the subs,m spare and jack out as this does lower the weight, maybe even take the heavy back leather seats out too if i were ud id want to destroy them just for thinkin 4 cyl domestics and a toyota basically stock could touch a modded 2gmx6