Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

didn't like celica - buy a miata?

Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Default didn't like celica - buy a miata?

New here and I have a question. I had a newish 1998 Celica (not the GT). I drove it for about a year and got tired of it because the ride was rough and the seats were uncomfortable. I commute maybe twice a week for 40 minutes in heavy traffic on an interstate. Lots of it is concrete that is loud and rough. Later I had an older 325i (1993) that was a joy to commute in but it died last year.

I really like the mx-5. It reminds me of my old MG (never commuted in that). I've looked for a mx-5 to rent for a few days but haven't found one.

If I didn't like the Celica, am I going to be sorry I bought the Mazdza? (I'm thinking primarily about ride and comfort. I have no doubt about the fun.)

My plan would be to buy it in Seattle and drive it via the Rockies to North Carolina and then keep it for years.

I'm also looking at convertible mustangs or maybe an older bmw again but the mx-5 is much more appealing to me than either of those. Don't want a mini or an eclipse or anything like that.

Thanks for any insight.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM

It depends. What year Miata/MX5 are you looking for? They are very fun cars to drive.