Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

2002 Mazda MPVcrank no start

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 11:41 AM

Im still not quite sure what you are saying. So ill just roll with it.

- If you changed several parts and now it wont start. Start by retracing your steps, check all connections and make sure they are fully connected.
- If you have tried starting your car a lot then your battery is probaly drained by now. It may need to be jumped or charged. (which could account for it sounding like it is struggling)

I will also tell you this. I recently changed my Cam Position Sensor on my Mazda 3. After the swap my car wouldnt start, It turned out that I had not push the plug all the way on to the sensor due to it having a tight fit. Once i pushed the plug all the way on it fired right up.

If none of this helps then please take your time to post a well thought out and written post the driscirbes everything you did and that is going on.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:01 PM

Sorry I voiced text and didn't proof read it. You are right it struggles to turn on it just reves without out staying on.yes I went back and checked everything on this mini van I retraced and did it twice in case it didn't go through or if I messed up but I did everything correctly.this is what I was saying. I apologise for the confusion because I am work texting fast.

QUOTE=Amorrow37;174286]Im still not quite sure what you are saying. So ill just roll with it.

- If you changed several parts and now it wont start. Start by retracing your steps, check all connections and make sure they are fully connected.
- If you have tried starting your car a lot then your battery is probaly drained by now. It may need to be jumped or charged. (which could account for it sounding like it is struggling)

I will also tell you this. I recently changed my Cam Position Sensor on my Mazda 3. After the swap my car wouldnt start, It turned out that I had not push the plug all the way on to the sensor due to it having a tight fit. Once i pushed the plug all the way on it fired right up.

If none of this helps then please take your time to post a well thought out and written post the driscirbes everything you did and that is going on.[/QUOTE]

Old 04-16-2019, 12:02 PM

I also have a brand new battery

Old 04-16-2019, 12:18 PM

The Starter takes the most power from the battery. So even if it is new if you continusly try to start the vehicle it will drain your battery very quicly.

- Did you actually change the Cam position sensor or not? Your post says "tired". If so where did you get the replacment sensor from?
- Can you make a complete list of everything you did for the service.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:16 PM

I changed spark plugs ,cam shaft position sensor, new battery , oil change ,and filter.