Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Vibrations and shaking

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Default Vibrations and shaking

Ok, so what had happened was, I was driving down some back-*** country road. It was very rough on my tires, shocks, chassis, etc. or whatever. And when I finally got back onto smooth highway, I could feel this faint vibrating. Seemed like it was coming from my passenger front tire. And it progressively gets worse and worse to where my entire car is rattling and shaking. So I let off the gas, and it goes away... aaand i'm like "whaaaaat tha f- is goin on..." So I accelerate again, and it comes back instantly. But it only does this at high speeds. (60-70mph).

Also, it makes this clicking/creaking sound when i'm turning on an incline or decline...[>:]

So, basically, any information that could prove helpful to me would be GREAT and GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Oh yeah, one more thing... My CEL has been on since I got the car... Could I take it to any Mazda Dealership and pull the code? Does that cost anything?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Default RE: Vibrations and shaking

Possibly threw a wheel weight off of one of your tires. Have them re-balanced. Although the shaking should be fairly constant, just increasing with severity as speed increases.

Also possible that one of your CV boots was bad and the trip down the dirt road got debris in there and chewed up the CV joint on the axle. That would explain clicking when turning (it will get worse over time, probably pretty rapidly if this is the case.)

Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Default RE: Vibrations and shaking

sstlaure, I sincerely appreciate your help... After everything this car has done and all the trouble it has given me, i still love it and i dont know why... lol but again, thanks for your help and i'll definitely remember those words when the time comes to get things fixed...