Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

trouble shooting 1195 HELP PLEASE

Old 03-03-2015, 04:32 AM
Default trouble shooting 1195 HELP PLEASE

I have 99 Mazda millenium have tested egr booster sensor is good. 2.5v6. I cleared port at manifold with drill bit bust through carbon, but still no vaccumm. Have no resistance at solenoid. Think multiple issues solenoid broke,but will put 12v to it today. Can I also put vac pump to see if hold? Does egr valve control vacuum coming out of port from manifold to egg best solenoid. After I drill bit it, now sounds like I hit metal. Is there flap or valve inside manifold? Or is still clogged and supposed to have constant vacuum. Need to know before I take apart to clean. Vacuum test on manifold shows vibrate btwn 18/19 hg. Look pretty good I thought. Kennin help please. Thank u all for help. Will keep posted on progress. Today will test solenoid and check egr hoses and ports. Peace

Old 03-03-2015, 09:06 AM

The system has a vent solenoid ( releases egr vacuum release pressure to the side of the air cleaner box) an egr boost control sensor ( applies vacuum to egr at cruising speed to open the egr) A boost sensor (input to the pcm to control solenoids) and an egr valve with a position sensor on top of the egr valve. You say you cleaned the intake port. Did you remove the egr and clean? Which port did you clean? There should not be vacuum at idle to the egr valve. It only opens at cruise speed etc. You can test the egr vacuum port by applying vacuum to the egr valve at idle. If it lowers the idle or dies then the egr is working. This does not mean the position sensor is good. A partially clogged converter will also set this code as the boost sensor gives a false vacuum reading. The solenoid you refer to has another solenoid below it. They both are for egr operation. The hose to the air cleaner box can't be plugged or it will set an egr code.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:49 PM

i dont have any experience with the 2.5, only the 2.3

Old 03-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Default still working the 1195

Originally Posted by hixx
The system has a vent solenoid ( releases egr vacuum release pressure to the side of the air cleaner box) an egr boost control sensor ( applies vacuum to egr at cruising speed to open the egr) A boost sensor (input to the pcm to control solenoids) and an egr valve with a position sensor on top of the egr valve. You say you cleaned the intake port. Did you remove the egr and clean? Which port did you clean? There should not be vacuum at idle to the egr valve. It only opens at cruise speed etc. You can test the egr vacuum port by applying vacuum to the egr valve at idle. If it lowers the idle or dies then the egr is working. This does not mean the position sensor is good. A partially clogged converter will also set this code as the boost sensor gives a false vacuum reading. The solenoid you refer to has another solenoid below it. They both are for egr operation. The hose to the air cleaner box can't be plugged or it will set an egr code.
I cleaned the opening on the back of the manifold where the egr boost solenoid plugs to. Still no vacuum, my next thought is to take off the manifold and clean it. is this right or is there something I don't know about. I tested the EGR boost solenoid today and has no ohs to it nor will open or close with 12v. going to junk yard to get a eGR boost solenoid that is testing with 45 ohms.
And taking off intake manifold to clean with oven cleaner. I think will solve problem. What u think? Thank u all for replying.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=daddystone;151516]I cleaned the opening on the back of the manifold where the egr boost solenoid plugs to. Still no vacuum, my next thought is to take off the manifold and clean it. is this right or is there something I don't know about. I tested the EGR boost solenoid today and has no ohs to it nor will open or close with 12v. going to junk yard to get a eGR boost solenoid that is testing with 45 ohms.
And taking off intake manifold to clean with oven cleaner. I think will solve problem. What u think? Thank u all for replying.[/QUOTE
Would seafoaming the intake while it's still in the car help or you think it's too clogged up.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:41 PM

if i were looking for info on the 2.5, from someone who has INTENSE knowledge on how/what/why, i would go to the other forum, mazdaworld.org, register, then go to the millenia section, and look for yel-low. he has practical knowledge on this engine. he has rebuilt several, even turbocharged one. he would know