Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

TCS off light is on

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Default TCS off light is on

99 Millenia S...looking for two things. I'll start with perhaps the easy one first.

1. Looking for a console (or part of the console)I really only need the storage compartment that houses the slide in/out cup holder. The color is brown. Does anyone know a good place to acquire one? looked on ebay and there wasonlyone available but it is from a 2000 so i don't know if it will fit or not. Does anyone know?

2. I've been reading the posts regarding the TCS problems and I too am having the same issue withboth TCSlights coming on, have to stop/start the engine. Once it comes on and if I try to accelerate too quickly, the car jerks violenty, but if I keep my foot out of the pedal, the car seems to run fine.
Much of these posts have centered around the vaccum system but can anyone say specifically which part of the vacuum system I should be looking at?
I got the diagram from vanesco a few days ago (thanks) so I'm wondering which portion of this vacuum system would directly apply to the TCS?
I'm an old-school mechanic back before the days of Emission Controlsand computer parts so much of these posts with talk of voltage readings & codes is somewhat over my head. I don't mind looking for cracked hoses or tees, but if it's beyond that, then I guess I'm in over my head.
You guys mention waiting for codes, can you tell me where these codes take place? I can only assume you have equipment attached to the car but it almost sounds as though these codes are showing up and printing off directly fromthe dashboard or something.

If anyone can explain thisin a"Mazda for Dummies" sort of way, even if it's off this post, I would appreciate it.
I can change parts like a sensor or hoses, etc. if I know what I'm looking for, so if there's more diagrams available on this process or if there is a repair manual available for the Millenia, someone point it out to me and I'll buy it.
Thanks a million!!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Default RE: TCS off light is on

Adding some info to my own post;
I removed the ABS fuse from the fuse box under the hood thereby disabling the TCS and ABS. I was able to drive the car without any TCS problems. I really put the pedal to the floor and the car gave me no signs of trouble (i.e. immediate loss of power and violent jerking)
I've put the fuse back in and disabled TCS from the console and again had no trouble.
Not that I find this to be the solution but hopefully if anyone is reading this, it helps to isolate more specifically what the problem is.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:06 AM

i've had that problem, and i found out that it was the traction control speed sensor. it was jarred loose fron hitting bumps and potholes, it's on the front wheels between the drive shaft and the wheel hub it looks like a gear with a sensor right above it. if it's off enough it will tell the computer that the wheel speed is faster to that wheel, hence the tcs light and problem occur. i just tapped it back on evenly and haven't had that problem since. hope that helps

Old 05-05-2008, 04:17 PM

i have the same problem with the tcs off lights. ive got codes 0720 and 0725, transmission speed sensor, could the bad sensor be the tcs off problem too?

Old 08-02-2008, 08:08 AM

does anyone no how to disable tcs