Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Super Charger miller engine!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Default Super Charger miller engine!!

Hey guys I got a question about the super chargers on the 2.3 milli's. I have a 2000 type S milli in good shape it has about 236 000 Km on her but I just wanted to hear from the experts how long those super chargers generally last. I've heard some bad things about super chargers on cars and I know that most super chargers are expeted to fail at a certain milage.

Are 2000 Milli super chargers hard to get a hold of? (as it is kind of a rare engine) Is it a big Job to Replace the Super Charger? Not sure if mines bad but I just wanted to know how long they last for?

Another quck question is it true the the V6 2.3 miller cycle engine is the smallest V6 ever made? Someone told me that, I wasn't sure if it was true or not, I mean surely theres gotta be some european cars out there with smaller V6's? maybe it was just the smallest V6 every sold in North America.

Let me know what you guys think

Old 05-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Default RE: Super Charger miller engine!!

Do not think you can really put a lifespan on the compressor. Have replaced some for leaking oil into intake with under 10k miles. A customer of mine has almost 200k miles on her 2000 Milly S with original engine, transmission, and Lysholm compressor (supercharger) but she take impecable care of her car as well. It is not an enjoyable undertaking to replace so just hope yours holds out. Take care of oil changes, keep a clean air filter, and do not let overheat is probably your best solution to longevity.

Your car does not get the distinction of smallest V6. The smallest V6 in a production vehicle was a 1.6 L (1597cc) in the 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer. Would you believe that the smallest V12 engine was only a 2.0 L (1995cc) in a 1948 Ferrari 166 ( That one is hard to believe). Imagine how small those pistons must have been. See link below to a vast list of biggest/smallest/fastest/ etc of everything to do with cars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_superlatives

Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 AM

Thanks for the reply babyhuey, it seems like every one on this forum is to busy to respone to posts. But I'm glad you take the time especailly since you super knowledgable about cars

Old 05-03-2007, 04:39 AM

May seem that way but there are a good bunch in the Milly group that really know what they are talking about (kennin and 2000smazda just to name a few). Just that you are new so takes a little time to get to know you. Mazda was actually pretty close to that record of smallest V6 in the MX-3 in 1993. Had a 1.8 L V6 that was a killer engine for that small of a car. Do not know why they shut production down after such a short run but was a great ride!!!

Ooops, forgot to put the link to that site in the last post as I just noticed. Will get it there in the morning as it is on my shop laptop and not at home computer.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Sawchizy

Thanks for the reply babyhuey, it seems like every one on this forum is to busy to respone to posts. But I'm glad you take the time especailly since you super knowledgable about cars
what, you want responses or answers? personally, if i dont know the answer, i dont respond. what good is a "gee, i dont know" response? but wait!!! look at all the good answers you got on the other forum

Old 05-05-2007, 01:18 PM

PSE Superchargers claim the life span of the stock Lysholm compressor is 80,000 miles depending on how the car has beenmaintained. A good quality oil(I use Castrol),3000 mile oil changes, andgood oil filter help! They also claim to use a synthetic oil to reduce the temperature because they generate alot of heat. My car is a 2000 S with 150,000 miles and who ever owned it before me had alreadyreplaced the compressor 2 years before I bought it from a dealer. I have maybe driven the car 3000 miles since I have owned it and had to myself already replace the compressor due to it leaking oil into the timing covers. There is no fix to my knowledge when this happens other than to replace it, because the bearings and seals are one unit and cannot be replaced! PSE claims that they are the only company in the world that has sucessfully reworked the Lysholm compressor, and now when you get a remanufacturedunit from Mazda it is one of PSE's units.My compressor costed $1910 with shipping and core charge, and has a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. So if anybody out there who reads this, before you buy a Millenia make sureto look for an oil leak aroundthe front of the compressoron top of the timing covers, and alsowatch for smoke from the exaust when you first start it especially after it has been parked over night!

Old 05-13-2007, 08:36 PM

I bought a Millenia 2.3L S with 90,000km and the car had the original supercharger in it and it worked! The only problem was that after 100,000km the super did go and those symptoms that 2000smazda posted were identical to my cars problems.Mazda wanted $5,000can butI found a brand new one for 3500 can.It wasthe best I could find at the timebut they certainly are expensive and seem to last only about a 100,000km. If you baby your carthough,they say it can last over 300,000km??? Good luck, I get mycar back this week and I hope the new super brings is backit to life since its a beauty to drive.