Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

crossing over

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Default crossing over

hey im david crossing over from probetalk.com and mx-6.com ..... been looking in to getting a slightly bigger car to roll around in fit my friend and more room on road trips ..... been lookin at the 6 and the millenia , more toward the millenia seeing that its lil bit older and cheaper for me (fresh out of college...and drive a modded probe. not cheap) but like to get your input on the milli and whats junk on em whats nice .... only driven one and it was a 95 with a 5 speed swap it was all messed up

ive seen pic of the pre 2001's dont like the gauge cluster in em but dont like the front end on the new ones

Old 04-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Default RE: crossing over

im kinda a fan of the millenia... i like the look of em..
but my opinion, dont buy a car that has had anything on it swapped, like the tranny for example... swaps like those arent easy, and will most likely only cause you problems....
just try to find one that cleans, and that has been kept in good condition...

and i'd go with the milli in your case.. way cheaper... and same with the insurance....

Old 05-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Default RE: crossing over

Just bought my first millenia, a 2.3L S and absolutely love the car. I put 10,000km on it in two months when I bought it and had no problems. The car was going amazing until the supercharger went. Mazda wanted $5,000can for the part alone. I found one for 3,500 but the repairs are always crazy expensive due to the miller cycle engine andthe low production numbers of the car itself. It is a really nice car but be prepared to pay top dollar for parts and a person who knows the miller cycle engine. I had a mazda cronos v6 2.5L and loved that engine. The super is only good when its working and doesnt need to be replaced. Im keeping mine knowmatter what it costs because its nice and rare and i love to drive it. Hwy milege is great on both engines. Good luck