Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

speedo,tach, criuse ctrl. not working; trans. in third gear all the time

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Default speedo,tach, criuse ctrl. not working; trans. in third gear all the time

I think I may have either a loose ground or a trans. ctrl. module problem. speedo, tach, & cruise ctrl. not working, trans. stays in either 2nd or third gear all the time. Not very experienced with wiring diagrams, so I'm not sure how to find the ground for that circuit. checked fuses & relays. Problem was intermittent for a couple days, but is now constant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Default RE: speedo,tach, criuse ctrl. not working; trans. in third gear all the time

What year Millenia do you have thomas6 and is it an S or not?

Old 06-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Default RE: speedo,tach, criuse ctrl. not working; trans. in third gear all the time

It's a 95 & is not an S model. Thanks

Old 06-20-2006, 10:28 PM

Do all of the rest of the gauges and warning lights work thomas6? The only common power supply or ground point between the speedo and tach would be the 15 Amp METER fuse in the underdash fuse block but if it were blown then then pretty much everything in the instrument cluster would not work. The speedo inop, cruise not working and trans staying in gear are probably all interconnected. Speed sensor signal is input directly to the speedometer from the transmission mounted speed sensor and is then output to the Transmission and Cruise control modules. Check to make sure you have a good solid connection at the sensor and has not worked its way loose. Is located lower rear area of transmission. Two wire connector has wire colors Blue w/ White stripe and Red w/ Black stripe.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:40 AM

Thank you very much for your help!, It looks like you help alot of people & that is awesome. The cars been sitting for a while so I'm not sure of all the symptoms, but I believe the gas gauge works, I know the temp. gauge works, but the indicator lights that normally come on when you turn the key on don't work. I forgot to mention that the CEL was flashing when I brought it to the garage. I did ck. the meter fuse & it was OK. The speed sensor deal sounds encouraging. Thanks again.