Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Solenoid testing....Ooo Keninn..lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Default Solenoid testing....Ooo Keninn..lol

1999 Mazda Millenia S

I've located the row of solenoids above right bank for ABV vent&Vaccum. I tested the ABV (VENT) solenoid. It clicked when powered up. Then I ohm'd it reading 35.6ohms. Is this to high???

Also I tried testing the ABV (VACCUUM) solenoid, but when powered up no click & meter read O.L when ohm'd. Does this solenoid react mainly off vaccuum???

I'm getting codes like P1540 and maybe P1525/26. It's been awhile since scantool was hooked up. So far I have found a tri-way connecting (T), that had a hole burnt through allowing massive air escape/intake. That (T) was connecting lines from Intake airbox, MAP, & Line laeding to top of ABV (VENT) Solenoid. Could this small schit cause all these problems to occur???

Old 06-25-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by MazdaRella
1999 Mazda Millenia S

I've located the row of solenoids above right bank for ABV vent&Vaccum. I tested the ABV (VENT) solenoid. It clicked when powered up. Then I ohm'd it reading 35.6ohms. Is this to high???

Also I tried testing the ABV (VACCUUM) solenoid, but when powered up no click & meter read O.L when ohm'd. Does this solenoid react mainly off vaccuum???

I'm getting codes like P1540 and maybe P1525/26. It's been awhile since scantool was hooked up. So far I have found a tri-way connecting (T), that had a hole burnt through allowing massive air escape/intake. That (T) was connecting lines from Intake airbox, MAP, & Line laeding to top of ABV (VENT) Solenoid. Could this small schit cause all these problems to occur???
dont need power to the solenoid, but 35 is marginal. 0 is also NOT ok. they cost about 60 bucks each, and they generally both go out about the same time. probably when it gets hot(and that bank gets a LOT of heat) it craps out. i would change both at the same time, just so you dont have to fool with it for a long time. and yup, that tee can cause a LOT of schit. i like to take them and beat them to death with a hammer. iirc, there are 3 actual 'T's, the rest are more like "Y", and they aint as bad. but the line gets old, turns hard, and shrinks. i used to do a lot of turbo cars, so i got silicon vacuum lines from someplace that sells a lot of turbo stuff, and changed it out, and used brass tees. before i used the brass, i used the tees i had pulled off my galant vr4. i had several, and they were much stouter than the mazda ones.

Last edited by keninn; 08-08-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:30 PM

KJ0218741A, KJ0318741A
Am I excited??? Yeah, just recieved ABV solenoid and EGR solenoid!!!! Ordered from TASCA.com. Brand new MAZDA parts at a fraction of the cost! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY......

Old 04-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Default shifting solenoid

how hard was it to change? i have a 2001 millenia and want to do it myself.