Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Need help! 01 Millenia S

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Default Need help! 01 Millenia S

Well its been sometime now since the engine light has been on in our 01 millenia S we new what the problem was but just ignored it. So finally the car stalled on us and would not start so we had it towed to a shop for repairs anyway they ran a test and it came out to be a bad fuel pump, a few bad T's and hose's, and they replaced the fuel filter and CV joints as well they were shot to hell total cost for parts and labor $1000 does this sound about right? Another thing we wanted fixed was this sound coming from the engine compartment when the car is cold and when we accelerate it makes this strange sound like a helicopter or something! they forgot to check it out and I asked them to test drive the car with me and the mechanic said it was a leak in the exhaust could this be right?

Old 01-30-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by silvss03
Well its been sometime now since the engine light has been on in our 01 millenia S we new what the problem was but just ignored it. So finally the car stalled on us and would not start so we had it towed to a shop for repairs anyway they ran a test and it came out to be a bad fuel pump, a few bad T's and hose's, and they replaced the fuel filter and CV joints as well they were shot to hell total cost for parts and labor $1000 does this sound about right? Another thing we wanted fixed was this sound coming from the engine compartment when the car is cold and when we accelerate it makes this strange sound like a helicopter or something! they forgot to check it out and I asked them to test drive the car with me and the mechanic said it was a leak in the exhaust could this be right?
if they changed the fuel pump, they had to drop the tank. plus, if they installed a genuine fuel pump, that alone costs over 500. so, if they DID change the fuel pump, you got an aftermarket. a reman axle costs about 70 bucks. labor for each side is about 1 hour. depending on what tees were changed, labor on that could be huge. i would guess at least 2 hours. when the mazda dealer did the ONLY work on our car, it was to change ONE tee. parts and labor, 564. never again, i did all of them on BOTH of our cars. so, add it up. 2 hrs for tees, 2 hrs for axles, at least 2 hours for fuel pump. dunno what your labor rate is, say 75 bucks. so, 450 for labor. add up fuel pump and axles. i figger about 700. so, either you got a screaming deal, or you were charged for stuff that wasnt done. and yah, i agree that the exhaust sound is a leak.