Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Just bought a millenia and need SOME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Default Just bought a millenia and need SOME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello, i curretly bought a 96 mazda millenia 2.3 supercharged and i need some help, i got it really cheap and it could use some help. when i press the gas to floor it seems like it has no power and it takes off really really slow!!!!!what you recomend i do? also making squicky noise from engine, how could i check spark plugs where are they? can anyone help? i want to put it on the road its nice car... o and also i have check engine but i don't know where the coder reader plug is for the car,... anyone now where it is located? i have code reader but can't find the port, looked underneath no luck?

help would greatly be aprreciated!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Default RE: Just bought a millenia and need SOME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Code reader port is below steering wheel.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:48 PM

from your description, the compressor is fubar.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:52 PM

Hence getting it really cheap.........these are not cheap cars in the sense.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 PM

the compressor is fubar.?? where is that located? what should i do? could it be fuel filter?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: danmilly96

the compressor is fubar.?? where is that located? what should i do? could it be fuel filter?
where is that located?
ummmm. the compressor is the bft right in the middle of the motor, up top. the pulley driving it is the highest one.the compressoris about 2 feet long, about 10 inches in diameter, and weighs like 30 lbs.

what should i do?
well, seeing as how you dont know where it is located, i would say you should step away from the engine, and take the car to someone who knows what to do. however, these things aint cheap. expect to pay at least 1600 for a reman one. labor to change it would be about 3 hours. gaskets, seals, belts, etc. oh say, another 300.

could it be fuel filter?
yah, it could be. but that would be like number 10 or so on the list, with the compressor being #1.

btw, driving the car with a fubar compressor means it is running really rich. keep driving it, and you will quickly kill the pre cats. they are like 700 and 400, then gaskets, labor, yada, yada, another 1500-2000 or so. and that's if you get someone who actually KNOWS what they are doing. so, now how cheap was the car?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:49 PM

the car was 400$,you mean compressor as in supercahrger? cause the supercharger is new, the guy showed me receipts. thanks for the reply also, what is number 2 on list? and i looked under the steering wheel and no luck finding hte code reader port.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:59 PM

Follow under dash from about straight up from accelerator.It's like below the steering column and to the right a little.It's hard to see if your dash is black like mine.Use a light.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:27 PM

k, i have started some major work on the car. lol, i removed the tubes or pipes or watever they are called, they go to the intercooler and around the engine and stuff.*(sorry for not knowing the name) . i have noticed like there is alot of oil in them and i don't think that is normal, and when i went to take it out the garage to park my other car, i floored the car and it was berly moving and the car sounded like it was hauling a trailer and it was about to shut off.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:53 AM

Quite possibly clogged cats.

Quick Reply: Just bought a millenia and need SOME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!