Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Questions about a 2000 Mazda Millenia Millenium

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Default Questions about a 2000 Mazda Millenia Millenium

Hi I'm 17 and I'm buying my first car. I have some questions about this car.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
First is this car a good price?
Is it reliable and cheap to maintain?
Why did they stop making this car and does that make getting new parts for it more expensive?
Overall I just need some advice on the car because I'm not a car savvy at all so I dont know much of what to look for.
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Old 05-14-2012, 04:37 PM

5 grand is WAY outta line for that year. even with the low miles. but the bigger problem is that these cars are very high maintenance, and at that mileage, and age, it is about to start eating your lunch. there are very few, if any, shops that have even SEEN this model, let alone have any experience servicing it. INCLUDING the dealer. we have 2 99 s'. one we have owned since new. there is a myriad of things that will go on these cars, and parts are expensive. if you cannot do a lot of the repairs yourself, the price of parts and labor will be astronomical. most of the work is labor intensive, because of the difficulty in getting to the needed area. the engine bay is very cramped. for instance, a very common problem is a vacuum leak from a broken "T" fitting. the T costs only a couple dollars, the labor to get to it will cost several hundred. then, because most places have never done this job, you will then get other problems related to a poor "mechanic" getting fustrated, and trying to shortcut the job. there is a lot of confusion between the 2.5 and the 2.3 engine, lots of places think the parts interchange, but a lot of the parts are different. like spark plugs. put in the wrong spark plug, and you might be buying new coils. there are 6, and a new one is over 200 bucks. then the labor to change them is a couple hundred. i would recommend you look elsewhere