Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

E-brake stuck? Broken? Doesen't work!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Default E-brake stuck? Broken? Doesen't work!!!

Ok so on my 02 Mazda millenia S, the ebrake goes up easy and it doesen't do it's job. I replaced all the break pads and everything. I did notice in the back when I replaced the break pads it was hard for me to put in the new ones. The cyliner wouldn't go back in no matter how hard I pushed on it. I had to actually losen up the bleed line to push it back in and replaced the fluid. When I drive at around 50-70mph, the noise in the back gets loud as if the break pads are on the rotors at all times when I am driving. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix the e-brake problem?

Thanks

Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Default parking brake

I have a 95 Millenia and the parking brake uses shoes on the inside of the rear rotors. You must remove the caliper to remove the rotors and gain access to the shoes. Hope this helps

Old 10-26-2009, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by elitescouter
Ok so on my 02 Mazda millenia S, the ebrake goes up easy and it doesen't do it's job. I replaced all the break pads and everything. I did notice in the back when I replaced the break pads it was hard for me to put in the new ones. The cyliner wouldn't go back in no matter how hard I pushed on it. I had to actually losen up the bleed line to push it back in and replaced the fluid. When I drive at around 50-70mph, the noise in the back gets loud as if the break pads are on the rotors at all times when I am driving. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix the e-brake problem?

Thanks

I realized today that my E-Brake is shot also. I went to drive the car and it was running fine but when I looked down the E-Brake was fully up.