Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Bose Radio AM, FM, Ant., & 6CD work, but NO SOUND!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Dawson
Yep, even on a couple of bad days I would hear those cracking/knocking sounds. That video was the point where I knew it was the amp, I fixed mine, hasn’t missed a beat since. Pull that amp out and follow the steps I went through towards the end of this thread here for a fix under $100
https://forum.mazda6club.com/car-ele.../topics/252151
Nice one I surely will try it out

Old 05-04-2019, 03:04 PM
Default Hi where abouts is that relay

Hi buddy where abouts is the relay please

Old 07-13-2019, 12:35 AM

My CX9 2008 Bose System went quiet the other day. Head unit seem to be working but no sound at all in any mode. Check the bose fuse in the engine bay and no issues there. However I noticed the negative terminal on the battery was a bit corroded. So I disconnected the lead, cleaned it up and reconnected. Audio sound is now back.

In my case either the head unit needed a reboot as it did this after recoonecting the battery or the cars ground system was not perfect for the Bose system.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:57 AM

Hello

I have an 08 CX9 with intermittent sound issues with the Bose system. I suspect its a power amp issue but have no idea where it is located to troubleshoot.

Where is the amp located?

I have right hand drive Australian delivered CX9.

Old 04-06-2020, 02:39 PM
Default 05 rx8 with same problem

I have the same issue with my main driver speaker in my 05 rx8. It would cut in and out whenever there was excessive vibration from either the speaker itself or from the road. I took it to a popular speaker place in my area and they thought they knew what was wrong. The part that is the issue is a little black box that is probably the amp for the speaker. Due to the fact that it is what they called a factory part they wouldn't touch it. My guess is that the box has trouble staying connected or is not well made and breaks easily, but my guess is that it sucks at staying connected because the problem went away for about a week or so after they fiddled with it and plugged the speaker back into it.

Last edited by Diunecg; 04-06-2020 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Extra info
Old 04-08-2020, 06:35 AM
Default how to unlock my car radio

My radio is locked by kinds how can i unlock it.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:49 PM
Default Solution

I have experienced the NO SOUND issue intermittently. After playing around with the buttons I discovered a consistent solution that works for my no sound issue:

Press and hold the power button + the seek up button at the same time. A new screen will appear then press and hold the power button + setup button at the same time until the screen goes dark. It will come back on automatically and your sound will work again. Let me know if this works for you.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:50 PM
Default Solution

I have experienced the NO SOUND issue intermittently. After playing around with the buttons I discovered a consistent solution that works for my no sound issue:

Press and hold the power button + the seek up button at the same time. A new screen will appear then press and hold the power button + setup button at the same time until the screen goes dark. It will come back on automatically and your sound will work again. Let me know if this works for you.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:00 PM
Default 12 volt

Originally Posted by at3618
Yes. when you manually close the relay I got music (radio and CD) all speakers worked.

Thank you for your reminder that the ant power is only for the radio. You're right, the CD is not going to work if I do that.

So, now I have to keep searching for a 12v source when the head unit is on. I will try to test the CD connector or the speaker connector to see if I could find it over there.

If not, I'm think just connect a switched 12v from the fuse box to the relay. This way, when the car is running, then the AMP is on even the radio is off. Most of the time, I will turn on the radio or CD anyway.

The last resort will be the manual switch.
I don't have a Mazda but I have a Nissan Maxima 2004 it also has a Bose system in it I can turn the radio wide open and I have very little sound coming from my speakers so it's pretty much the same scenario I don't know if it's something with the amp or the AM FM/ CD 6 disc radio unit but as far as the 12-volt constant power feed, instead of using the antenna couldn't you run it from your ignition switch that way you only have power once you cut the car on just an idea I'm no mechanic anything but if anybody can come up with an explanation of why the radio is doing what it's doing please get back in touch with me I'd like to know as well thanks

Old 08-01-2021, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Stefanni Halfpint

^^^This word for me for my 2010 RX-8 with the Bose 6-disc in-dash stereo. THANKS!