Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

New m3 GT, need help with audio

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Default New m3 GT, need help with audio

hey folks whats up. first time poster here, man what a bunch info yall have here.
Here is my problem, i've bought this new car for me and the wifey. I already had EVERYTHING that i need to hook up some subs, except for a LOC (Line Out Converter). I have all the wires ran. my problem is i dont know where to hook in the LOC.
i have the bose/moonroof system so i have the onboard bose amp under the front seat. i got the stock radio out and was looking to hook it up right there behind the radio but i couldnt find the colored wires that i have seen in a walkthrough for this set up. I took a battery and tested a few wires and it seem no matter 2 wires i messed with sound came out of all the speakers. ( at least all the front ones). so i went to the amp under the front seat and i found the color wires that were listed in the other walkthrough. (they came out after the amp and went to the speakers from there. so i had the LOC hooked in after the amp.
i hooked everything up and it worked but man it just sounded like crap. i mean really sounded like crap.
i was using a JL 15w0 for testing. i plan on using 2 12w0's. so should i hook the LOC up before the onboard amp, and if soo what wires do i hook it up to. I was kindov dissapointed. but i'm sure it can be done differently and better. Does anybody have any advice to offer pertaining to another way to hook up this setup.
thanks in advance and i'll check back tomarrow.

Bradley

PS i put this here instead of the audio/video channel cause i thought it was specific to the M3, if it need to be moved, go ahead.

Ater typing this up and posting it, i have kept on reading. i saw where somebody has posted that i need to find the + and - that go to the stock subwoofer and tie the LOC in there. will that work, or do i still need to tie in before the stock amp.
also i have tied into the rear speakers and have read somewhere that on this car (mazda3 specific) that the front speaker leads are much better for tying in an LOC. what do yall think?

Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Default RE: New m3 GT, need help with audio

10 foot pole rule, eh' guys????