Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

ABV Solenoid Part number

Old 08-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Default ABV Solenoid Part number

Hi guys, I am a newbie here, but have been lurking around for a while. I have a 98 Millenia S but it has codes P1525 and P1540 and doesn't drive great because of them. I've been searching on this issue and judging from this thread:

https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/sho...+number&page=2

These are the part numbers:

KJ02-18-741A ABV Solenoid Vent
KJ03-18-741A ABV Solenoid Vacuum

When I type in the second part number at mazda-parts.com it shows as 2001-2002 Millenia ABV Solenoid. My question, are these correct part numbers for my 98 Millenia?

Thanks

Old 08-03-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by glmtd
Hi guys, I am a newbie here, but have been lurking around for a while. I have a 98 Millenia S but it has codes P1525 and P1540 and doesn't drive great because of them. I've been searching on this issue and judging from this thread:

https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/sho...+number&page=2

These are the part numbers:

KJ02-18-741A ABV Solenoid Vent
KJ03-18-741A ABV Solenoid Vacuum

When I type in the second part number at mazda-parts.com it shows as 2001-2002 Millenia ABV Solenoid. My question, are these correct part numbers for my 98 Millenia?

Thanks
well, you are almost correct. KJ02-18-741A is vacuum. you have the part numbers backwards. and no matter what mazda calls them, those are the correct ones for all the 2.3mc motors. also, 1525 is the vent solenoid dtc, but from past experience, if one is bad, the other is right behind it. change both to be sure. i would go here:http://www.tascafordparts.com//index.do, they have the best pricing, and last time they actually had the vacuum in stock, which fixed my problem. btw, if you havent already, you need to change out the vacuum lines and tees, esp the tees. there is about 21 ft of vacuum line. look for 4mm id silicon lines, anyplace that sells turbochargers will have this. dunno about the tees, i got brass ones from someone on the other forum. you might check ebay.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:44 PM

Thanks a lot, I've just ordered them. I'll inspect all the vacuum lines and tees as well.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by glmtd
Thanks a lot, I've just ordered them. I'll inspect all the vacuum lines and tees as well.
well, here's a hint. in order to inspect them, the intake has to come off. see that intake part that comes right off of the compressor, with the abv attached to it? all that has to come off, also the front intercooler. the rear intercooler can stay. so, to inspect the lines and tees, it will take a couple three hours of labor. then, if you dont have enough parts, you gotta either leave it apart, or put it back together, then take it apart again. if you get all the stuff and change it all, cause i guarantee you the vacuum lines are all hard from heat and age, and the tees are very brittle.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:38 PM

Do I need to buy Intake Manifold gasket ahead of time?

Old 08-04-2009, 05:13 PM

you only need to remove the part of the intake that goes from the compressor to the intercoolers, and the front intercooler. actually, you can leave the front intercooler, but it would be really difficult to remove the intake and not take off the front ic. iirc, there are only 2 gaskets involved here, one is the front ic to the intake where it is held on by 2 nuts. the other is from the compressor to the beginning of the intake, which is held by 4 bolts. i reuse the gaskets, and put a thin layer of hylomar, or similar sealant. dont bother trying to remove the abv, leave it attached and pull it with the entire assembly.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:50 PM

Huy people. I have been driving mazda rx-8 since four years & still i love it.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:25 PM

Hey guys, sounds like inspecting vac lines is a bit involved, is simply replacing them less (avoid pulling F&R intake) involved?

Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 AM
Default Location of ABV Solenoid Vent

Originally Posted by keninn
well, you are almost correct. KJ02-18-741A is vacuum. you have the part numbers backwards. and no matter what mazda calls them, those are the correct ones for all the 2.3mc motors. also, 1525 is the vent solenoid dtc, but from past experience, if one is bad, the other is right behind it. change both to be sure. i would go here:http://www.tascafordparts.com//index.do, they have the best pricing, and last time they actually had the vacuum in stock, which fixed my problem. btw, if you havent already, you need to change out the vacuum lines and tees, esp the tees. there is about 21 ft of vacuum line. look for 4mm id silicon lines, anyplace that sells turbochargers will have this. dunno about the tees, i got brass ones from someone on the other forum. you might check ebay.
Hello @Keninn, I saw this post and this is exactly what i was looking for. I've also got two codes on my Mazda Millenia S and it looks like I need to replace these two solenoids. I was searching for the location of these solenoids in the forum but i was not able to generate any results. Do you know if there is a thread about this or maybe have diagram/picture with location of these two solenoids?
Regards,
opiatek