Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

99 Mazda Millenia S

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:41 PM

Thanks keninn....
ALthough ypu provided me with this information, it is still a little bit hazy in my mind...do you know if there is some sort of walkthrough available online?
Regarding vacumm lines, how much do they cost?....I am in Toronto so just wondering if you have a general idea of its cost?

Thanks

Old 08-25-2009, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by djjohnnys
Thanks keninn....
ALthough ypu provided me with this information, it is still a little bit hazy in my mind...do you know if there is some sort of walkthrough available online?
Regarding vacumm lines, how much do they cost?....I am in Toronto so just wondering if you have a general idea of its cost?

Thanks
if you go to the other millenia site, mazdaworld.org, there should be a lot more info, and pictures. i get my vacuum lines from a place that sells a lot of turbocharger stuff, there are lots of them. you need at least 21 feet. however, i cant help on the tees. there was a guy on mazdaworld who bought a bunch of the brass tees from grainger, i think, and we all bought some from him. several of the tees are actually more like a "Y" lying on it's side, and then there are several that are just a 2 way straight joint. by now, all the lines on your car have taken a set from all the many heat cycles, and if you are patient, they are easy to change.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Default Still issues...

Hey Keninn,

So I took my car to a mazda dealer ...bought the KJ03-18-741A and one of their mechanics replaced the part but the TCS lights still kicked in randomly after a while on the highway. How can I check if my hoses are messed/cracked? how much does it usually cost for hoses (roughly in US or CAD)?

The funny part is that mazda said it would take an hour to replace part..so i went to a nearby bar had two drinks came back and then the mechanic tells me oh i was looking for you to ask you which one of the four has to be replaced...which is the vent solenoid?....
I laughed at him saying aren't you the tech? shouldnt you have a vacumm diagram....anyways I showed him the 2nd from left and went for another drink and back...it was done..mechanic went home so I couldnt question him...and paid 200 CAD for part and labor.

Can you help me solve this mystery? its going to be winter in a couple of months and i wouldnt want to get stuck in cold!

Also I will get my neighbour to check the error code with his OBD 2

Thanks bud!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by djjohnnys
Hey Keninn,

So I took my car to a mazda dealer ...bought the KJ03-18-741A and one of their mechanics replaced the part but the TCS lights still kicked in randomly after a while on the highway. How can I check if my hoses are messed/cracked? how much does it usually cost for hoses (roughly in US or CAD)?

The funny part is that mazda said it would take an hour to replace part..so i went to a nearby bar had two drinks came back and then the mechanic tells me oh i was looking for you to ask you which one of the four has to be replaced...which is the vent solenoid?....
I laughed at him saying aren't you the tech? shouldnt you have a vacumm diagram....anyways I showed him the 2nd from left and went for another drink and back...it was done..mechanic went home so I couldnt question him...and paid 200 CAD for part and labor.

Can you help me solve this mystery? its going to be winter in a couple of months and i wouldnt want to get stuck in cold!

Also I will get my neighbour to check the error code with his OBD 2

Thanks bud!
generally, both solenoids go bad. if tcs off/tcs lites come on, does the ce lite also? if so, you need to get it scanned, and find out what codes there are.

it is not unusual for a mazda tech to not know about these cars. i would be surprised to find one that has actually done repair work on them. and it takes about 20 min max to change out a solenoid. a visual is the only way to really check, you can probably use a vacuum gauge, but you still have to look. and the only way to really look is to pull the intake. that's 3-4 hours at least. silicon vacuum line is available at any place that sells a lot of turbochargers. here's a place i did a lot of business with when i had my turbo cars:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/hoseandclamps.htm
scroll down, and you will see silicone hose. cant help you with the tees tho, and they are the most important. i think grainger, or ebay.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Default abv problems

thanks everyone!! i found two bad soleoids 1525 and 1526. ohm 0 and with 12 volts they dont open. gonna replace them and see how it turns out. same symptoms as described above.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Cool 1525 1526 engine cut out solved

following the advice of others, then replacing the two solenoids, my tcs light now does not come on and does not stumble anymore after three minutes of driving.

i found the solenoids actually on a 1990 mazda pickup. thanks for all of those who solved this problem. cost me 4 dollars an 20 minutes of work. at the junkyard however, the ohms were ok on the used solenoids, but when putting 12 volts to them they didnt actuate. so i found a couple more that did..

Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Question 99 Mazda Millenia, Not Starting

I have a 99 Mazda Millenia and it won't start. I have checked to see if it is getting fuel and it is. I am not getting spark for some reason I cannot get a code reading it keeps coming up unable to read certain monitors. A neighbor said to see if it may be the crank sencor. However I don't won't to be buying sencor after sensor.. Anybody have an idea how to get a code reading.... Jack