Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

98 Mazada Millenium

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Default 98 Mazada Millenium

I have purchased new speakers for my 98millenium back dashboard. I know you have to remove the back seat to get to the speakers. But, How do you remove the backseat?Does anyone ever had to remove their back seats or replace the back speakers. Can you please help me! The speakers costed alot and I do not want to spend the same amount that I paid for the speakers just for them to install. I would like to do it my self!

Thanks in adavance!

Old 01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Default RE: 98 Mazada Millenium

you have to first remove the lower seat. lift the lower part slightly, you will see a lever on each side of the seat, about midway between the center of the seat and the left and right side. iirc, move the lever towards the left, and the lower part of the seat will unhook. then you lift up and pull the seat out. takes about a minute. there are 2(maybe 3, i forget) 12mm wrench size bolts, and 2 10mm wrench bolts on the lower part of the back seat. after removing them, you pull the lower part of the seat forward a bit, and lift up. however, i believe access to the speakers is thru the trunk.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 AM

Thanks for such detailed directions.. I tried to access through the trunk and I could not find anything. So, I called parts from Mazada where I ordered my speakers and the only info they gave me I had to back my seat out to access the back dash board panel to get to the speakers.

I will try this week and post and let every one knowthe results!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:52 AM

you cannot remove the rear shelf panel from inside the car. the clips that hold it down are accessible thru the trunk. after you pop the clips off, then the shelf can be lifted off. i have never done this, but i have removed the rear seat many times.