Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

3/8" drive.. Thrown through wall. Handle stiks out

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Default 3/8" drive.. Thrown through wall

Finallllly.... Fixed this piece up (SO I THOUGHT) Replaced 70% of vacuum hoses, new plugs, fittings, and solenoids.

I had the front (left bank) air charge cooler off, with rags in intake manifold to keep debree & schit out. As I was rounding schit up getting ready to install charge cooler. Grandfather was in car tinkering with schit and I had said something about starting vehicle. I wasn't saying start it then, but thats what he heard. So I hear WAAAA(LOUD AS HEllel) and fun part here___RAG DISAPPEARS into intake manifold!!!

So I tried fishing for it with bent clothes hanger...No luck... So now everything is back off and the 6mm manifold bolts are breaking my tools. Keninn I know ur out there, but I know what I need to do.. What should I not do???

Last edited by MazdaRella; 06-26-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by MazdaRella
Finallllly.... Fixed this piece up (SO I THOUGHT) Replaced 70% of vacuum hoses, new plugs, fittings, and solenoids.

I had the front (left bank) air charge cooler off, with rags in intake manifold to keep debree & schit out. As I was rounding schit up getting ready to install charge cooler. Grandfather was in car tinkering with schit and I had said something about starting vehicle. I wasn't saying start it then, but thats what he heard. So I hear WAAAA(LOUD AS HEllel) and fun part here___RAG DISAPPEARS into intake manifold!!!

So I tried fishing for it with bent clothes hanger...No luck... So now everything is back off and the 6mm manifold bolts are breaking my tools. Keninn I know ur out there, but I know what I need to do.. What should I not do???
first off, i would make grandpa stay in the house.
and i just cannot picture where the rag would have gone. if you remove the intercooler, there is just the metal piping going into the intercooler, then the opening that connects to the intercooler outlet. and i also cannot figure out why the manifold bolts are breaking your tools. they aint on there with a whole lotta torque. got any pics? even of grandpa

Old 06-27-2010, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by keninn
first off, i would make grandpa stay in the house.
and i just cannot picture where the rag would have gone. if you remove the intercooler, there is just the metal piping going into the intercooler, then the opening that connects to the intercooler outlet. and i also cannot figure out why the manifold bolts are breaking your tools. they aint on there with a whole lotta torque. got any pics? even of grandpa

Intercooler was removed and looking above cylinder 6 Coil-on-plug the intake manifold starts and continues to cylinders 2,4,& 6. The rag was in the opening and after an hour of tearin schit apart finaly got the manifold off and found the rag in the head above cylinder 2. I broke a cheap allen bolt socket & wratchet on the last bolt holding intake (above#6). Had to break out the SNAP-ON hardware to handle schit.

Anyways rag is out, the engine torn apart, and I'm hoping like hellll I remember the Milly puzzle. Dont ever remember to get camera, but if I get much deeper I'll break it out.

Last edited by MazdaRella; 06-27-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Default hope this helps

this guy has good pics.hes saved my a$$ a few times

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-97...Q5fAccessories