Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2002 Millenia S TCS/acceleration problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Unhappy 2002 Millenia S TCS/acceleration problem

I'm having problems with my 2002 Millenia. The TCS & TCS OFF lights both come on randomly and I immediately loose all acceleration ( I step on the accelerator & I get 0 response) so I put it in neutral, turn the car off and back on and everything goes back to normal. It happens 2-4 times per trip at any speed. Any ideas? I’ve heard it’s the module overheating or a throttle sensor issue...Help
I keep getting the limp home mode 3-4 times every trip. The TCS off and TCS light come on anything after 2500 rpm. I took it to mazda and all's they told me was the ABV Solenoid. It could also be the vacuum hose as well right? Do you think I should change all the valve and hoses or what should I do? I got no answers from Mazda!!!!! They just took my $118 for the diagnostic test and left me with no clues. I'm a girl so they look at me all crazy because I try to do the work myself and just blow me off. Just like to know how to work on my own cars and not need a man for everything... LOL! Just need a little help and to talk out the problem when I'm not exactly sure what to do. If anyone could Please Help??
Thank you

Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by MonicaJ
I'm having problems with my 2002 Millenia. The TCS & TCS OFF lights both come on randomly and I immediately loose all acceleration ( I step on the accelerator & I get 0 response) so I put it in neutral, turn the car off and back on and everything goes back to normal. It happens 2-4 times per trip at any speed. Any ideas? I’ve heard it’s the module overheating or a throttle sensor issue...Help
I keep getting the limp home mode 3-4 times every trip. The TCS off and TCS light come on anything after 2500 rpm. I took it to mazda and all's they told me was the ABV Solenoid. It could also be the vacuum hose as well right? Do you think I should change all the valve and hoses or what should I do? I got no answers from Mazda!!!!! They just took my $118 for the diagnostic test and left me with no clues. I'm a girl so they look at me all crazy because I try to do the work myself and just blow me off. Just like to know how to work on my own cars and not need a man for everything... LOL! Just need a little help and to talk out the problem when I'm not exactly sure what to do. If anyone could Please Help??
Thank you
it is very important that you get the actual code(s) number when you get it scanned. dont just let anyone tell you what it is, almost every code has multiple possibilities. it is very probable based on your symptoms that it IS the abv vacuum solenoid, KJ02-18-741A. this is gonna be your best bet on where to get it for the best price:

Auto Parts - Parts.com, For Every Part of Your Life

i bet your local dealer will charge you double that. the solenoid is not hard to change. if you want, you can call me when you are by your car, and i can talk you thru as to where it is. however, if you cannot do the work on this car yourself, you should get rid of it

Old 05-18-2011, 10:16 PM

I took it to the dealership for them to do the diagnostic test done and they where no help. I will try to call them tomorrow and get the codes. Thank you very much for the help. I normally call my dad to help me when I'm working on it and don't know exactly what I'm looking at but he doesn't really know much about this car. This is one of the hardest car for me so far. So I guess I will try to fix this one problem then try to trade it in or something. I just got to 200,000 miles so won't get much! Thank you very much for the help and yes I might need the phone help too. Not sure yet though.