Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2002 Mazda MIllenia S tcs problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Default 2002 Mazda MIllenia S tcs problem

Hey guys,
I know this issue has been on this forum for a while now, but I wanted some clarity as to the 2 codes that are being thrown on my car. Took it to autozone and they told me P0404 which I needed the EGR Valve replaced and P1524 which they told me is the TPS probably failed, but the print has the brand under GM, so I don't know if that is correct. Any help as far as pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I had this issue a few years ago and it turned out to be my ABV solenoid. If you need anymore info just let me know. I was just going to dig right into this and start looking for a Vacum Leak, but I figured I would ask you guys first before I do that.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 AM

1524 is the intercooler bypass. that, combined with 0404 is probably another vacuum leak. both codes have NOTHING to do with tps. someone has to be REALLY reaching to say tps. remember, codes do NOT mean the PART is bad, codes mean that the CIRCUIT that part is on is not functioning correctly. for instance, 1540 means abv is not functioning correctly. i have never heard of one going bad, but i HAVE heard of a bunch of people running out and buying a new one(and this sucker is BIG bucks), and even the new one throws the same code. then, they discover a simple vacuum leak, preventing the valve from operating correctly. fix the leak, and all is well. the vacuum system on this car is a big factor in running. there is about 21 feet of vacuum line, and several 'T' and 'Y' connections

Old 05-30-2012, 07:15 AM

Keninn
Thanks so much for the help, I'll start looking for a leak, I did not believe what autozone was telling me, I just wanted the codes from them so I can take it to you guys. I did have this truoble a few years ago and I dug through the lines the best I could replace some t connectors that were broken and it still had trouble, brought to a local mechanic and he told me my ABV solenoid had gone bad, had to give my first born child for payment, but have not had a problem with it until last week. Anyway I know what I will be doing this weekend. Another quick thing, is it alright to drive the car as long as I'm going under 2500 rpms? My wife and I both work conflicting schedules, just wanted to make sure it was safe for her to drive.
Thanks again

Old 05-30-2012, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by mrleezer0
Keninn
Thanks so much for the help, I'll start looking for a leak, I did not believe what autozone was telling me, I just wanted the codes from them so I can take it to you guys. I did have this truoble a few years ago and I dug through the lines the best I could replace some t connectors that were broken and it still had trouble, brought to a local mechanic and he told me my ABV solenoid had gone bad, had to give my first born child for payment, but have not had a problem with it until last week. Anyway I know what I will be doing this weekend. Another quick thing, is it alright to drive the car as long as I'm going under 2500 rpms? My wife and I both work conflicting schedules, just wanted to make sure it was safe for her to drive.
Thanks again
ok to drive, but the car is going into limp home, and i would not let my wife drive it. i think in that condition, although it is ok to drive, it is too dangerous

Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 PM

Thanks again, she actually drove it today with no problems today, she has surgery tomorrow, so will be out of commission for a week, which will give me time to get into it.
Today (louisville, ky) was a pretty mild day, seems to only give us trouble when the temp. is hot outside, don't know if that makes a difference. I will pick your brain more if needed if you don't mind, again appreciate the help

Old 07-12-2012, 10:15 AM

my 02 doing the same thing. gets worse when its hot out also. i think im just goin to change the lines and hopefully that helps