Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2001 Millenia P wont start! help =(

Old 11-30-2011, 04:57 AM
Default 2001 Millenia P wont start! help =(

First of all, woman owned (LOL), i purchased a 2001 millenia p from my neighbor 2 weeks ago, that got it from another owner, transported from North Carolina as a gift saying transmission needed replacing. Ok so at $1000 plus $1000 rebuilt transmission w/torque converter im thinking good deal. btw while it was in NC for probably a year, it was unused.

ok fresh out transmission place- with fuel light on- im ready to ride so i filled tank- 15 gallons (93 octane, of course) it drove very well for about 10 miles (stopping/restarting at at least 4 places along my ride) but when i parked at home and it wouldnt start. just 1 click everytime i would turn the ignition key. btw cranked up like a champ out of tranny shop after they charged it, of couse and all thru my 10 miles of stop and go driving.(didnt think battery problem unless dead cell) so i had it towed to my local mechanic thinking battery (bad cell) or starter...to my surprise he said "computer gone bad" WTF? lol could it possibly be the computer? what is the symptom of a bad computer and the signs that this is the computer?

also, when mechanic tried to start it, upon its arrival, it didnt make that 1 click sound it sounded like "rrrr" like battery was dead/low or kinda like it was out of gas....but the engine was trying to turn over/on...HELP!! TELL ME MORE ABOUT MILLENIA COMPUTERS IF SOMEONE CAN AND COULD THIS BE MY PROBLEM, IF NOT, ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:35 AM

wow. i dont have much experience with the 2.5, we have 2 2.3's. but i would sure get a second opinion. or, ask your "mechanic"(in " " because lots of "mechanics" are not good at diagnostics, but good at changing parts) if he will guarantee you if a new computer is installed, that will fix the problem, or you dont have to pay for the part/labor. there are lots of posts on the ignition distributor on this car. the 2.3 has a cop system, so i have never had a problem with a distributor

Old 12-01-2011, 08:17 AM

Mechanic said it still may need a starter because of the tick sound but the computer is bad - just wondering how do one know when a computer is bad...?? He really sounds like he's guessing. Should get a second opinion. Was thinking about taking to Dealer and let them tell me...lol and tow it back to my Mechanic's shop (less $$ im sure) I think the out of gas/low battery sound could be a fuel pump, line, etc problem...lol I have had a few raggedy cars in my life so i got a lil "mechanic" experience...lol if you know what i mean. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!