Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2000 Millenia 2.5L P0325 CEL

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 03:39 AM
Default 2000 Millenia 2.5L P0325 CEL

I've searched on knock sensor and P0325 and not found the information I am looking for. I am working on a 2000 Millenia that has had the CEL on for a couple of years now with the knock sensor faulted. I have erased it and the fault comes back. How does a faulty knock sensor effect engine performance? Could I substitue a 560K ohm resistor to satisfy the ECU and just drive on? This car doesn't seem to have any serious drivability issues. Once in a while when shifting from 1st to 2nd (it's an auto) it will either shift hard, or kind of fall on it's face between the shifts. Otherwise it runs just fine. The owner is not real enthused about spending the $ for the sensor (and from what I've read about the reliability of the sensors I don't blame him.). The car does not have to be tested for emissions, so my concern is purely from a performance/drivability stand point. Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by mastaphixa
I've searched on knock sensor and P0325 and not found the information I am looking for. I am working on a 2000 Millenia that has had the CEL on for a couple of years now with the knock sensor faulted. I have erased it and the fault comes back. How does a faulty knock sensor effect engine performance? Could I substitue a 560K ohm resistor to satisfy the ECU and just drive on? This car doesn't seem to have any serious drivability issues. Once in a while when shifting from 1st to 2nd (it's an auto) it will either shift hard, or kind of fall on it's face between the shifts. Otherwise it runs just fine. The owner is not real enthused about spending the $ for the sensor (and from what I've read about the reliability of the sensors I don't blame him.). The car does not have to be tested for emissions, so my concern is purely from a performance/drivability stand point. Thanks in advance for the help.
i would say the system is in open loop. less timing, running richer. so yes, if the ks is in the loop, there would be better performance. i have never done a ks on a 2.5. on a 2.3 it is buried, a whole pile of stuff has to come off. if the owner dont care, you can put the new sensor somewhere else on the block, as long as it is grounded. and make sure the owner signs the ro that you are not liable.