Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2001 Mileenia S

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 12:43 PM
t2t

Originally Posted by keninn
and i bet the po knew the engine was bad. dunno about where you live, but here in texas, if the car wont pass state inspection, which means epa, too, i think you can get a refund. no way that car will pass with a dead cylinder.
I'd be interested in seeing what kind of sales agreement was written for the sale, too. I know, here in Virginia, just having a sales agreement stating the the car is "As-Is" does not fully cover the seller. The agreement has to state "As-Is, Where-Is" to CYA the seller. I learned this the hard way. We sold a Dodge Stratus 8 years ago. I did a simple sales agreement. The guy didn't look the car over too good, but liked it and handed me the cashier's / bank check. He got it home to Maryland and his mechanic alerted him about the transmission leak. Needless to say, he put a stop payment on the check. We consulted with a lawyer for an hour and that's where I learned about the "As-Is, Where-Is" clause for our state. We ended up re-negotiating on the car's price because he wanted his mechanic to put in $1,700 transmission. I think I had to eat about $600 or $700 more off my price. But, I learned dearly about selling vehicles.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:04 PM

thanks for all the info, not sure what I am going to do with the car, try to sale and get some money back, or get another engine and sale, or repair this one and sale it.

The sad part is I can do the work, its just not something I really enjoy pulling engines on these models, too much stuff to take off and put back on.

Maybe I can retro an old chevy engine into...lol lol....

Old 08-22-2010, 02:03 PM
t2t

Originally Posted by Twincycles
Maybe I can retro an old chevy engine into...lol lol....
If you want to retro an old Chevrolet V-8 into something, this might be a better place to start:

Old 08-22-2010, 07:17 PM

Perfect I love it.....want to trade for a NICE Millenia...........

Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 AM
t2t

Originally Posted by Twincycles
Perfect I love it.....want to trade for a NICE Millenia...........
Thanks for the generous offer. You're too kind. While I do love my 2002 Millenia (non-S model), with 144,600 miles on it, I really think this might be my last Mazda. It's a great car, but there can be "flukey" things that pop up from time-to-time and some parts prices are atrocious - even using TascaParts.com. My Taurus was real cheap to own. $55.00 for an EGR valve vs. $265 for one from Mazda. Then, there's the whole issue about the value "plunging" for these vehicles. I though getting into an import (being assembled in Japan, etc.) was a good investment 8 years ago. Though, I don't have those same feelings today.

However, it's now driving real sweet. It would cost me too much to get rid of it.

In regards to using old Chevy motors in other cars, your comment sparked some memories. 30 years back, a friend did buy a Chevrolet Vega with the 283 c.i. Chevy engine in it. The car just had a 2-barrel carb, no headers - was basically just stock with the exception of some custom welded motor mounts. That lil' car would scream. Unfortunately, the drive shaft had been mated to the stock rear-end. Naturally, the stock rear end was just designed to be pushed by a 90 h.p., or so 4 cylinder engine, so it didn't handle the abuse it was taking.

If I were to perform any kind of engine placement in another vehicle, I think a nice 350 c.i. Chevy engine with a Holly carb, custom headers, etc. would go nicely into an older Jaguar. Now, that would be the perfect sleeper vehicle. Then again, putting such a combo into your Milly may not be such a far-off idea.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:11 AM

yah, right. 30 year old pos detroit iron. what can they do? check out this .8 sec 60 ft by japanese rotary power. it shut up all the v8 talkers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANVL-4vz3c

Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Default Yenkoe Vega?

Yenkoe Vega ? ive seen it all .thought the HEMI DART was crazy in 69...kennin,it doesnt matter how fast you get there,its how GOOD you look WHEN you get there. by the way,what is a .8 sec 60 ft? did it blow up after 60 ft?

Old 08-25-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by rockoe
Yenkoe Vega ? ive seen it all .thought the HEMI DART was crazy in 69...kennin,it doesnt matter how fast you get there,its how GOOD you look WHEN you get there. by the way,what is a .8 sec 60 ft? did it blow up after 60 ft?
in drag racing, one of the times is your first 60 feet. this is printed on your time slip. a good 60 ft time is like 1.5-1.8 sec. an awesome time is 1.2 sec. .8 sec is like blazing fast. the v8 yahoos started to question the timer, equipment, yada, yada. and i dont care how good you look. .8 sec means the other car will be across the intersection before half your car gets past the white line at the beginning. and everyone will be laughing at you. hence the name, sleeper.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Default laughin in my sleep

that is impressive,but unless your a hot babe,its doesnt matter what you think about how i look.not much of a drag racer.i must be getting too old for speed.id rather cruise down the highway in a classic,i bleed 10w-30, 10w-40 in summer.it is true japan has higher standards and tighter tolerences.MUCH better workmanship thats for sure.my millenia looks/is better than any car ive ever had.the miller cycle is pretty awsome.its been in the 100's the past 2 months here and it was running a little funny, thats how i figure i had the wrong plugs.yesterday was 55 in the morning.man it ran great.alot of variables with the S model.cant wait till it cools down for awhile

Old 09-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Default 2001 Millenia

After some tearing into the engine, and taking the valve cover off and turning the engine it was obvious that the cam lobes on cylinder 6 was not moving, that is when I discovered that the intake camshaft had broke clean into at cylinders 4 . It appears that it ran out of oil in those two areas and seized up.

Head is finally off, what a bear to get off, you almost have to take the car apart.

See pic if I posted it correctly.

2001 Mileenia S-100_3386-medium-.jpg