Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2 car problems need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Default 2 car problems need help!!!!

I have a 2001 Millenia premium, the car shifts funny and it acts like it doesnt know what gear it needs to be in at low speeds. For instance, when I come to a stop or non aggressively driving from a stop. I have read on reviews that people loved the cars but it shifted funny just like I wrote previously. I know the first thing people always tell me is to change the oil, but the oil is really red and doesnt smell burnt. The car has 43,000 miles on it and has had every service done on it at the Mazda dealership. So if anyone has experienced this problem, please let me know what you've heard or what you've had done to fix the problem.

The second problem is that the cars idle speed has been creeping up slowly over the past couple months. Now it's at 2000 rpms at an idle and its getting harder to stop now. You really have to push on the brakes for it to stop completely. This is my wife's car and I worry about her in it with my 4 month old and my 3 year old in the backseat driving around day to day. I know the idle is controlled by the computer and so is the transmisson. Is it the same computer or different computers? I was wondering if these 2 problems could be connected somehow. I found a thread on how to adjust the idle speed on a 98 millenia. Is it the same procedure as the 2001 or are the motors different. I appreciate any help with this because it is my wife's car and I don't want anything to happen to her.
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d80143b6d.jsp

Old 06-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Default RE: 2 car problems need help!!!!

I took the car in the shop and its fixed now.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:48 AM

was your computer reflashed? sometimes that cures the problem instantaneously

Old 06-09-2006, 10:18 PM

What was the repair to fix the idle and shifting problems?

Old 06-12-2006, 06:10 PM

He just adjusted the Idle inaccordance with the procedure he has on his computer. and a really good transmisson flush and filled with new Amsoil synthetic oil in the transmisson. He did it the old fashion way where you use to buckets one full of new fluid and one empty and disconected the lines at radiator and started the engine when jacked up with e-brake on and shifted the transmisson thru all the gears so the flush can work out the gunk in the throttle body on the tranny. when he transmisson fluid coming out looked like what was going in then he was done. Let me tell you that car has never ran so sweet now with amsoil in the tranny and motor. Everything costed me $260.00 so it didnt break the bank thank God.